JL Wrangler Rubicon wheel backspacing for 35s?

I am planning to put 35" (35/12.50) Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 2-door Rubicon which already has the Mopar 2" lift. I am unlikely to ever upgrade to tires larger than this. With factory wheels/tires there is plenty of clearance.

What wheel backspacing and rim width should I be looking for in order to minimize rubbing, while being as close to factory geometries as possible (to minimize ball-joint wear)?

Well from what you said you're keeping the factory wheels, no? I believe they come with something crazy like 6" of backspacing.

If you're keeping the stock ones I'd say get at least 1.5" Spacers (look at Synergy or Spidertrax) and if not probably a wheel that's at least 8.5" in width with at least 4.75" of backspacing or less.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have AEV Saverge IIs and they have 5.77” backspacing (+25mm offset). Here’s what my 12.5s look like. They fit perfect because AEVs wheels are designed exactly for the JL/JT.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 9
I have AEV Saverge IIs and they have 5.77” backspacing (+25mm offset). Here’s what my 12.5s look like. They fit perfect because AEVs wheels are designed exactly for the JL/JT.
It is interesting that the majority opinion is that the backspacing should be less than what the AEV wheels provide in order to fit properly. The AEV product pages make a big deal of the +25mm offset. Does this offset help somehow in order to allow more backspacing?

Anyone here have experience with the AEV BORA DUALSPORT wheels? They offer a true beadlock option.

Those are still really nice though, I've heard no complaints and I've even considered running a set. If I remember correctly I think I just was turned away by the backspacing. What is it again? Isn't it like 4.9 or 5 something?

Top Bottom