JL Rubicon front sway bar fit a JK

bmkrinne

Not sure on interchangeability on all the years, but I got a JL rubi sway bar assembly from a buddy’s 2018 JLUR and it is not interchangeable with my ‘12 JKUR sway bar assembly. I tried to put it on and the frame bearing mounts are a couple inches narrower and won’t directly bolt up. The e disconnect portion and connector seams to be the same though.

Silvanus27

I found an 2020 JLR frt sway bar, and installed it this past weekend!

it fits nicely, had to trim the JL bar bushings and the winch plate a tad, but she’s mounted!

I installed the EVO 10-87 quick release knob, and it works flawlessly!

as for the actuator that came with it, It’s brand new, very clean and still has the factory lithium grease and very clean! I’ll put that for an eBay sell.
This mod has enhanced the suspension exponentially for when I encounter technical portions of any trail!!!

Thanks Way of Life Brothah for your sharing of all things Jeep!!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I found an 2020 JLR frt sway bar, and installed it this past weekend!

it fits nicely, had to trim the JL bar bushings and the winch plate a tad, but she’s mounted!

I installed the EVO 10-87 quick release knob, and it works flawlessly!

as for the actuator that came with it, It’s brand new, very clean and still has the factory lithium grease and very clean! I’ll put that for an eBay sell.
This mod has enhanced the suspension exponentially for when I encounter technical portions of any trail!!!

Thanks Way of Life Brothah for your sharing of all things Jeep!!
Hey, glad that we could be of help to you :)

GobiJK

Picked up a ‘21 JL Rubicon Sway Bar to put on my ‘18 JK, the frame mounts are too narrow on the 21 to fit on my JK. Seems to be about 1.5 to 2 in difference.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Picked up a ‘21 JL Rubicon Sway Bar to put on my ‘18 JK, the frame mounts are too narrow on the 21 to fit on my JK. Seems to be about 1.5 to 2 in difference.
Unfortunately, this is correct. You can install a JK on a JL but not the other way around.

Top Bottom