JL pickup spotted!

RedSyndrome

Still hoping to hear more from FCA

Seems to me this truck will be aimed at a small market segment. Those that love the Wrangler and want to see it in truck form. There will be some mall crawlers out there who want one. I see it going the way of the scrambler in a few years.
Still hoping to hear more from FCA.

Brute

Hooked
brute rear.jpg
Anyone else notice the spare tire under the bed? I for one don't want a large tire underneath the bed. It's a PIA to change one with that setup IMHO.:icon_crazy:

I’m sure the spare under there will drag. A lot of guys that have AEV brutes and the older H3Ts would bed mount the spare when they built them to run off road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

When I first got my Brute, it had a 35 under the bed between the frame rails...It really wasn't a problem there, and for anyone who's owned a pickup knows, it's a common place for the spare. However, when I went up to 37's, the spare had to go into the bed...while it made changing out the spare easier, there was a slight change to the cog...but not much.

WJCO

Meme King
When I first got my Brute, it had a 35 under the bed between the frame rails...It really wasn't a problem there, and for anyone who's owned a pickup knows, it's a common place for the spare. However, when I went up to 37's, the spare had to go into the bed...while it made changing out the spare easier, there was a slight change to the cog...but not much.

If I end up getting a JT, I am totally going to build a tire carrier in the bed like you did in your JK6. I think it looks sweet like that. I just want to make sure I can still fit cargo/wood underneath it. Time will tell.

longarmwj

Seems to me this truck will be aimed at a small market segment. Those that love the Wrangler and want to see it in truck form. There will be some mall crawlers out there who want one. I see it going the way of the scrambler in a few years.
Still hoping to hear more from FCA.
You may be surprised honestly. I imagine that FCA would have it in the midsized truck segment, which is a booming segment. Toyota has the Tacoma, Nissan has the Frontier, Ford is bringing the Ranger back, and Chevy has the Colorado. All of those vehicles sell really really well (think of how many of those you see on the road). This is the one market that FCA really isn't a part of, ever since the Dakota was cut out of the Dodge/Ram division.

Imagine the offroad competition in that segment :shock: :
-Ford Ranger Raptor
-Chevy Colorado ZR2
-Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
-Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
-Jeep Scrambler Rubicon

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
You may be surprised honestly. I imagine that FCA would have it in the midsized truck segment, which is a booming segment. Toyota has the Tacoma, Nissan has the Frontier, Ford is bringing the Ranger back, and Chevy has the Colorado. All of those vehicles sell really really well (think of how many of those you see on the road). This is the one market that FCA really isn't a part of, ever since the Dakota was cut out of the Dodge/Ram division.

Imagine the offroad competition in that segment :shock: :
-Ford Ranger Raptor
-Chevy Colorado ZR2
-Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
-Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
-Jeep Scrambler Rubicon

Exactly. Over here it’s the fastest growing market segment. Especially the premium models. The JT is more aimed at Europe, South Africa and Australia where full size trucks aren’t the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

HoosierWolf

I'm starting to get really excited about the JL truck. Really interested in seeing what the towing capacity ends up being.

Brute

Hooked
View attachment 285717

I've been giving this some thought and now at a crossroads as to whether get a new JT pu or modify my Brute...after seeing what Dynatrac did to a brand new JL, I'm thinking of doing something similar to a JT pu with 40's...but if the wheelbase is the same as the Brute, and they don't offer a diesel, I may just change up the Brute...remove the sf rear pr60 and pr44 front and install a ff prxd 60's, regear to 5:38, remove the aev suspension and install a dtd front and king coilovers rear...move the aux fuel tank into the bed and chop 10-12" off the bed for better departure angle...remove the front & rear bumpers and go with stubbies...psc hydro assist & progrip brakes...

Amrth

I've been giving this some thought and now at a crossroads as to whether get a new JT pu or modify my Brute...after seeing what Dynatrac did to a brand new JL, I'm thinking of doing something similar to a JT pu with 40's...but if the wheelbase is the same as the Brute, and they don't offer a diesel, I may just change up the Brute...remove the sf rear pr60 and pr44 front and install a ff prxd 60's, regear to 5:38, remove the aev suspension and install a dtd front and king coilovers rear...move the aux fuel tank into the bed and chop 10-12" off the bed for better departure angle...remove the front & rear bumpers and go with stubbies...psc hydro assist & progrip brakes...

Holy! Brute 2.0 :D That's going to be a treat to watch if you move towards that build ..

zimm

Caught the Bug
Saw a camouflaged JT following a red 4 door JL heading north on US1 in the Florida Keys last weekend!

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
All I can say is that if i can pull my quad into it ill be up for getting one.

Attachments

• DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom