JL/ JT fans ?

JT@623

Hooked
So it’s my understanding that the JT with the max tow package has an 850 watt cooling fan vs the 600 watt fan. It’s my understanding that if your JL has the the heavy duty 100amp electrical system you can swap the JT fan basically plug and play and upgrade the cooling ? Can anyone confirm if this is true
Thanks

onlyone

So it’s my understanding that the JT with the max tow package has an 850 watt cooling fan vs the 600 watt fan. It’s my understanding that if your JL has the the heavy duty 100amp electrical system you can swap the JT fan basically plug and play and upgrade the cooling ? Can anyone confirm if this is true
Thanks
I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I know my diesel has the 850 watt. Might check on that one. Are you having cooling issues? Looks like it shares it with the 2.0 in the wrangler and the obvious 3.6/3.0 in the JT.

edited for correct wattage.

Last edited:

kevman65

Hooked
The only thing you might have to worry about is that damned CanBus. I don't know if something would need to be triggered for it to accept the higher wattage fan.

JT@623

Hooked
From what I can find no issues with canbus just need to have the 240amp alternator and the 100amp wiring. It’s for a friends two door Rubicon with the 3.6 in AZ the xtra cooling is a plus

Jeeper99

I'm looking to upgrade to a more powerful fan as well. I have a 2018 3.6L 8sp auto, JLUR. My alternator is a 5629765AA, which my build sheet lists as 220A.
My fan is a 68282799AC, which is marked 600W.

There are a lot of different part numbers for fans related to various configurations/engines. I was hoping to find one that had the largest CFM rating, but I could find no information on CFM for the various fans. So, I think I'll play it relatively safe and order a 68272755AD 850w fan for a 2018 2.0L

Top Bottom