JL JOURNAL : Synergy Front Track Bar Reinforcement & Sector Shaft Brace INSTALL

DMF

This is something I want to do sooner than later. Eddie, did you feel any difference in the steering at highway speeds?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like a solid upgrade for sure! Something that should be a must when you get a JL it seems like to secure everything.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My bad. I meant for the JK. Thanks Eddie.

Ah, I the tie-rod diameter is bigger and so the OE clamp wouldn't work.

Awesome video. Super informative. Thanks so much!

You bet! Glad to hear you found it to be informative :)

Seems like a Solid Upgrade for both the JK & JL. Even just the bracket alone would be helpful. I need to decide on the sector brace or a big bore. Cool Video!

Honestly, on the JK, I don't know if something like this is necessary. We don't have anything like it on Moby and never had anything like it on our 3 other JK's.

Great install video, think im going to try one of these out. Still have a bit of a dead feeling in steering with the 37s. Was cold this past weekend, good day to use the overalls I see instead of the normal shorts you have on..

LOL - yeah, it was cold enough that I had to suit up :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is something I want to do sooner than later. Eddie, did you feel any difference in the steering at highway speeds?

Honestly, no. Just with the Synergy components alone, things have felt great. This is just added insurance.

Looks like a solid upgrade for sure! Something that should be a must when you get a JL it seems like to secure everything.

For how affordable and easy it is to install, I think so.

DMF

Honestly, no. Just with the Synergy components alone, things have felt great. This is just added insurance.

Cool thanks Eddie. I did all the Synergy components on my JK and it really made things feel better. I want to do that again on the JL. And thank you for the video. Seriously, I always learn something new. I'e watched at least 10 other videos on installing the trackbar brace before I did it on mine and everyone said you gotta hold the steering box up or it will drop. And here you are just taking all the bolts out and letting it hang. and had no issues bolting every thing back up. Dammit, I should have bought the V6 so I can follow all your how to videos when the time comes when I work on mine.

jeeeep

Hooked
easy intstall!

Been on the fence on this but i'm done with waiting on do-nothing FCA to fix this issue.

Pissed that I have to spend money to fix shit like this on a stock vehicle but JEEP right? :crazyeyes:

If this works, on with the mods!

All the vendors I tried show it backorder until end of December or into January 2020, hot item!

update 12/4/19 *** Got a call from Bubba, he has the last unit that he was going to install on his Jeep, open box otherwise new and is sending it to me. Awesome service! :thumb:

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That's a nice install video. 👍I've been wanting to get my hands on the Synergy Mfg Front TB, but as jeeeep stated above, it's on backorder. I've got the TB and Brace on order, and was told to expect after the first of the year. Honestly though, it's so goddamn cold lately the last thing I want to do is bust my knuckles in my unheated garage. Lol.

longarmwj

That's a nice install video. [emoji106]I've been wanting to get my hands on the Synergy Mfg Front TB, but as jeeeep stated above, it's on backorder. I've got the TB and Brace on order, and was told to expect after the first of the year. Honestly though, it's so goddamn cold lately the last thing I want to do is bust my knuckles in my unheated garage. Lol.

I would be honored to be the inspiration for one of Eddies videos honestly haha. Hopefully your experience and his and Cindy’s channel will be able to help a lot of people experiencing the same issue!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JYough

Good info! Got my dad to order this and the synergy trac bar for his jl due to death wobble and it’s stock! Ordered from exodus today hopefully this fixes it!

Exodus 4x4

Good info! Got my dad to order this and the synergy trac bar for his jl due to death wobble and it’s stock! Ordered from exodus today hopefully this fixes it!

You were one of the last to get it. This part went on nationwide backorder Monday afternoon. We were one of the last few to have any. I know Poly Performance had a few more yesterday but when I tried to order them they said they were already dedicated to someone else, not sure who though. Be January before they’re back in stock and Dave doesn’t think the next run will cover the back order.

benatc1

Hooked
You were one of the last to get it. This part went on nationwide backorder Monday afternoon. We were one of the last few to have any. I know Poly Performance had a few more yesterday but when I tried to order them they said they were already dedicated to someone else, not sure who though. Be January before they’re back in stock and Dave doesn’t think the next run will cover the back order.

While I want one too, that's a great problem for synergy to have, sure they will be on and off for a bit of time. Kinda shows how many people are having steering issues [emoji853]

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JYough

Glad I talked him into it! Thanks bubba!

Brute

Hooked
I finally was able to watch this...very good install video. I have this brace on all three of my jeeps...

I feel like you didn’t swear nearly as much as the rest of us would have during this install. I mean... at least make it look hard.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Nice video as usual Eddie even when your sick!!! I've got the crud right now and the last thing I want to do is work on the jeep in the cold, lol. Got a question for you....what model Milwaukee right angle drill is that at around 17:30 in your video? Seems pretty handy for tight spaces. I already have the fuel 1/2" impact and love it but it's not the most compact thing for sure.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Never mind...I found the answer in the Tools & Maintenance area of the forum...Should have known, you'd have tackled this already :yup:

Last edited:

SwissSteph

Hello everyone!

@wayoflife I love your videos !!! However, this one seems a little less "realistic" to me, because I watched it several times to understand the steps to take. And I notice, only now, that you don't have the coil spring.

My question, how do you do to remove the 4 bolts (mainly 2 of the 4) that are just behind the coils of the spring ? ... without having to disassemble everything to remove it (which I'm not motivated to do, because I'm not sure of myself for this kind of technical work).

Would there be a solution? I was going to order this piece and now I hesitate in front of this extra work and too complex (for me).

SwissSteph

Thank you for your response and your help. I just looked by putting my "eye" over my wheel and I really had the impression that it couldn't pass even impossible to put a socket wrench in!?

Top Bottom