JL JOURNAL : FLEX TEST of Our JL Wrangler with EVO Long Arms & Coilovers

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Attributable to the fact that I'm exhausted after being stuck in a Time Warp while reading INFIRMARY threads last night. It was after 2 a.m. before I knew it.

Tanktitan

Eddie I have a question about highway ride in this configuration. I just spent a week in Montana with my brother’s stock JL and that ride would be tough to give up if you drive long distances. So how does it compare?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Deep down I hope that's your gladiator frame right there in the pic!

Unfortunately, it is not. This is a JL build that EVO is working on and if you can believe it, it has a Demon under the hood. :shock:

Like my grandma used to say..."now we're cooking with gas"...

LOL - this thing is gonna be the shit for sure!

Nice. Shades of Sandstorm.

If this ends up on your JT, you better name it Shadestorm.

LOL - nice but this is not our JT.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie I have a question about highway ride in this configuration. I just spent a week in Montana with my brother’s stock JL and that ride would be tough to give up if you drive long distances. So how does it compare?

Ride quality is 100% subjective and in my opinion, stock is really nice but this is right in there with it... maybe even better in my opinion. I do a TON of long distance driving and love the ride.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

Ride quality is 100% subjective and in my opinion, stock is really nice but this is right in there with it... maybe even better in my opinion. I do a TON of long distance driving and love the ride.

I concur. I have nearly the same setup (different tires), and the on-road manners are quite exceptional. In my opinion EVO JL Bolt-On Coilovers + EVO JLU High Clearance Long Arms + Cooper STT 37x13.5r17 has resulted in a JLUR that rides and handles on pavement better than stock, including highway speeds (80 mph). I say this with honesty, and not as a fanboy or as person that has spent money and unwilling to admit the truth. If I was unhappy with the performance this system, I would say so.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Unfortunately, it is not. This is a JL build that EVO is working on and if you can believe it, it has a Demon under the hood. :shock:

Dang lol. Either way it sounds like its going to be one bad ass machine

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked

Is this a customer build or one of Mel’s toys?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have they called in a priest yet?

LOL :cheesy:

I concur. I have nearly the same setup (different tires), and the on-road manners are quite exceptional. In my opinion EVO JL Bolt-On Coilovers + EVO JLU High Clearance Long Arms + Cooper STT 37x13.5r17 has resulted in a JLUR that rides and handles on pavement better than stock, including highway speeds (80 mph). I say this with honesty, and not as a fanboy or as person that has spent money and unwilling to admit the truth. If I was unhappy with the performance this system, I would say so.

Glad to hear you agree :yup:

Dang lol. Either way it sounds like its going to be one bad ass machine

Can't remember the exact numbers but it puts out something like over 500 HP at the tires! :shock:

Is this a customer build or one of Mel’s toys?

I believe it belongs to a customer, named The Chupacabra.

What doubletapdaddy said ^^^^

Top Bottom