JL JOURNAL : EVO Quarter Pounder Front Bumper Installation

Abntroop

Lifting points for a high lift style jack, although Iā€™m sure other lifting methods would work in these slots as well if you got creative enough.

Watched a vid on the new ARB hydraulic jack, piqued my curiosity until I saw the $$tag. Nope. The jack slots on your bumper reminded me of it. Dig those slots. If you had to use a high lift thatā€™s a solid and safe jack point.

Typed on my iPhone with my Jimmy Dean sausage fingers

Exodus 4x4

Looks great guys. Have to agree on putting one on the JT. I donā€™t think anything else will look right and I was already considering building a bull nose for it, kind of like the pro series. IMG_3427.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Braxtonsag

Couldnā€™t help but notice the angle on your front sway bar, is that because of the amount of down travel you have now? If so, how does that affect your up travel?? I always thought it was best to have your sway bar parallel or slightly up

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Couldnā€™t help but notice the angle on your front sway bar, is that because of the amount of down travel you have now? If so, how does that affect your up travel?? I always thought it was best to have your sway bar parallel or slightly up

The EVO Coilovers offer too much flex to mount the sway bar parallel without the risk of flipping it. This is my coilover shock at full droop. To my surprise, I haven't seen any rubbing of the links on stuff, or at least none I have noticed yet.

20190626_183734-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video as always.
Had that bumper in my shopping cart for two weeks, now I have to get it.

LOL - I think you'll like it a lot :)

What are the T-slots used for on the Quarter Pounder?

Lifting points for a high lift style jack, although Iā€™m sure other lifting methods would work in these slots as well if you got creative enough.

Actually I think itā€™s for chain.

It was designed for a Hi-Lift but could be used with a chain as well :yup:

Watched a vid on the new ARB hydraulic jack, piqued my curiosity until I saw the $$tag. Nope. The jack slots on your bumper reminded me of it. Dig those slots. If you had to use a high lift thatā€™s a solid and safe jack point.

Oh yeah, ARB really loves their new hydraulic jack! :crazyeyes:

While they do have their place, I can't say that I'm really a fan of Hi-Lifts but IF I had to use one, the D-rings work pretty well too. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great guys. Have to agree on putting one on the JT. I donā€™t think anything else will look right and I was already considering building a bull nose for it, kind of like the pro series.

Damn Bubba, that really looks good! Yer killing me :doh:

The EVO Coilovers offer too much flex to mount the sway bar parallel without the risk of flipping it. This is my coilover shock at full droop. To my surprise, I haven't seen any rubbing of the links on stuff, or at least none I have noticed yet.

Ideally, you'd want your sway bar arms to sit at about 5Ā° above parallel. However, we do have a tremendous amount of droop and so the longer links allow us to retain our e-disco and not risk hyper extending them as doubeltapdaddy mentioned.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Ideally, you'd want your sway bar arms to sit at about 5Ā° above parallel. However, we do have a tremendous amount of droop and so the longer links allow us to retain our e-disco and not risk hyper extending them as doubeltapdaddy mentioned.

:doh: I should have mentioned the e-disco. It's just that I've never not had one. I guess I've been spoiled to not have manual disconnects.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:doh: I should have mentioned the e-disco. It's just that I've never not had one. I guess I've been spoiled to not have manual disconnects.

LOL - honestly, it always cracks me up when I have guys try to tell me how the e-disco "limits flex" and that's why they run disconnect links. Or, how much better something like an Antirock is. EVERYONE should want an e-disco even if it doesn't work. But then, what would I know. :yup:

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Wouldn't have done it without your great video! Only problem I had is I didn't order the D ring mounts. I do have to say I had to have some liquid courage before taking a saw to a brand new vehicle. Happy I did though!

Attachments

• 20190717_084353.jpg
    20190717_084353.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190717_084348.jpg
    20190717_084348.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 63

WJCO

Meme King
Wouldn't have done it without your great video! Only problem I had is I didn't order the D ring mounts. I do have to say I had to have some liquid courage before taking a saw to a brand new vehicle. Happy I did though!

That looks great.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Alrighty so Iā€™m gonna tackle this project hopefully this weekend. I wanted to clarify something in the instructions and this video though... so Evo instructions say that I need to drill part of the sway bar motor to 1/2ā€... but if I go buy new hardware and crush sleeve as in this video, that isnā€™t necessary? Also for those who have the mid hoop, can I still install the winch after the bumper is mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Alrighty so Iā€™m gonna tackle this project hopefully this weekend. I wanted to clarify something in the instructions and this video though... so Evo instructions say that I need to drill part of the sway bar motor to 1/2ā€... but if I go buy new hardware and crush sleeve as in this video, that isnā€™t necessary? Also for those who have the mid hoop, can I still install the winch after the bumper is mounted?

Are you referring to flipping the swaybar motor? To be honest, I didn't get instructions with my bumper so I don't know anything about drilling. As far as the hoop goes, I don't think there's any way you could install it the winch in it. Yes, it's tough if only because it's heavy but you should be able to install the winch in afterward. I did anyway.

Top Bottom