JL JOURNAL : EVO Quarter Pounder Front Bumper Installation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ever since Cindy and I got our Jeep JL Wrangler, there's been one front bumper in particular that we've been wanting to run but wasn't available or at least, not until now. Of course, that bumper would be the Quarter Pounder by EVO Manufacturing and as some of you may know, it's the same basic and beefy, stubby front bumper that we've been running on Moby for years. Some of the things we love most about it, is that it's super compact, comes with a built in winch plate that sits down low and in between the frame rails, allows you to chop the lower frame extensions, flip the Rubicon sway bar disconnect motor and hide all the mess behind precision, laser cut and CNC bent, 1/4" steel that's proudly Made in the USA! In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install a Quarter Pounder front bumper and with a WARN ZEON 10s winch. We hope you find our video to be helpful to you.

BUY EVO Quarter Pounder: http://evomfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=487

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Jet to Moby : is it gonna hurt?
Moby: yeah a little but it’s part of growing up kid
Jet: I wish Rubicat was here, she was nicer to me.
Moby: Back in my day we didn’t have what you have kid, you’ve got it easy.
Jet: can’t wait for JT to get here, then you’ll pick on him instead.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looks great! Jets growing fast!

Your videos keep getting better with everyone!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did I hear you say “grab your nuts”?

What kind of video is this?

I like the bumper and good install video. I wish it was a little rounded to match the JL a little more but I like the simplicity of it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

moodywizard

Thanks for the video, got the same one in my garage waiting to go on. Think I might weld in the plate for the offset fairlead that way it gives a cleaner look on the front... Ordered mine in bare steel with the stinger.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jet to Moby : is it gonna hurt?
Moby: yeah a little but it’s part of growing up kid
Jet: I wish Rubicat was here, she was nicer to me.
Moby: Back in my day we didn’t have what you have kid, you’ve got it easy.
Jet: can’t wait for JT to get here, then you’ll pick on him instead.

:cheesy: Were you in the garage somewhere when this was going on? :crazyeyes:

Awesome video!! It’s crazy how much clearance that bumper clears up.

It really does help every which way you look at it. Seeing the EVO OG40 with it in Texas was all I needed to see to know I wanted it too.

About time! That's looks very nice.

No kidding! If they had it out sooner, we would have been running it sooner. :yup:

Nice, you keeping it simple or going to add a stinger or mid bar?

No stinger this time around. Kind of played out in my opinion. IF a short winch protector bar comes out, we'd most likely run it but for now, we like it just as is :yup:

Great video
I know you mentioned what bolt and sleeve to use for the motor flip but if you could refresh our memory would be awesome
Thank you

I may have mentioned it here:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...UMPER-amp-How-to-Flip-the-Sway-Bar-Disconnect

But if not, I'll have to look it up. There are kits out there that you can buy though that cost about the same as if you did it yourself.

Looks great! Jets growing fast!

Your videos keep getting better with everyone!

Gotta get him all grown up before the JT arrives. :yup:

Did I hear you say “grab your nuts”?

What kind of video is this?

I like the bumper and good install video. I wish it was a little rounded to match the JL a little more but I like the simplicity of it.

:cheesy:

Unless you're stamping steel, rounding is hard to do - especially with 1/4" steel. I'm just glad that it's being offered now. :yup:

Oh an a little piece of electrical tape on the winch mount will keep the bolts in place.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Cindy suggested as much too :doh: :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. I will have to get time to install mine now and then start saving for the winch

Awesome! Be sure to post up pics once you do :)

Thanks for the video, got the same one in my garage waiting to go on. Think I might weld in the plate for the offset fairlead that way it gives a cleaner look on the front... Ordered mine in bare steel with the stinger.

Bare steel sure would help with that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great video! Love the simplicity of the 1/4 pounder! You plan on adding the stinger when it’s available or you gonna stay with the minimalist look

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Best looking Bumper out there IMO. :thumb: "Small and Beefy".... "that's what she.... " , well, you know. :D

Wait, what? :shock: :cheesy: :D

Bumper looks great on Jet! Good Video Cindy and Eddie. I love the beefy look the Quarter Pounder adds and where it holds the winch.

The placement of the winch down in between the frame rails is HUGE for me. I get why so many bumpers don't do this - to retain the fogs but for my purposes, I'd rather loose the fogs.

Great video! Love the simplicity of the 1/4 pounder! You plan on adding the stinger when it’s available or you gonna stay with the minimalist look

Nah, I kinda feel like the stinger thing has been played out - kinda like black wheels. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom