JKX Tillamook Round 2!

I was looking at that run, gotta see if there's anything planned with the girlfriend first but I'll let you know.

Yep! I joined up a little before the JKX when I met Eddie. Dad and I were lucky to lead them around, I was the one that broke the bad news during the night run that they weren't in first place. That was an awesome time!

Bring her along!

Here are a few pics Venesse took on Saturday

Attachments

• DSC02222.jpg
    DSC02222.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02164.jpg
    DSC02164.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02205.jpg
    DSC02205.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02209.jpg
    DSC02209.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02210.jpg
    DSC02210.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02214.jpg
    DSC02214.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02217.jpg
    DSC02217.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 55
Unfortunately no video, I think she is planning to go along on the April run so we'll try to get some then

That would be great. I like running with other 2dr guys. Shopping in the big boy section as you call it. Haha

Ps, did you get some new shocks? What did you decide on?

I only bought one to replace the bad one since I plan to upgrade the whole suspension, no point in spending money twice like we talked about. I also smashed and bent the steering stabilizer so I bought a better one and the bracket to raise it up further out of the way, it needed to be replaced anyway. I may have tweeked my tie rod as well as i had a 25 mph death wobble on the way home when I hit a bump just right so I will probably have it checked after I put the new parts on. I'll be ready to go though.

I only bought one to replace the bad one since I plan to upgrade the whole suspension, no point in spending money twice like we talked about. I also smashed and bent the steering stabilizer so I bought a better one and the bracket to raise it up further out of the way, it needed to be replaced anyway. I may have tweeked my tie rod as well as i had a 25 mph death wobble on the way home when I hit a bump just right so I will probably have it checked after I put the new parts on. I'll be ready to go though.

Ouch. But you still had fun right?!?

oh yeah, had a great time, I expect to break stuff when I abuse it and I know I am the one who has to fix, it does help to have a nice well equipped shop to do it in too though. Looking forward to doing it again and see what else I need to reinforce to take a beating, lol.

oh yeah, had a great time, I expect to break stuff when I abuse it and I know I am the one who has to fix, it does help to have a nice well equipped shop to do it in too though. Looking forward to doing it again and see what else I need to reinforce to take a beating, lol.

I'm in the same boat. My first ever rubicon trip is this summer. So I'm using these Browns park runs as a shakedown.

I'm hoping to discover a few after the move!

Had some time to burn in Central Oregon on Wednesday, stopped in and played for a couple hours @ Cline Butte Recreation Area, about half way between Redmond and Sisters, about 20 minutes from Bend. Some novice, mostly amateur, and some expert trails; my stock JK had no problems on the amateur trails I ran, the expert trail I made my way to was closed, probably a good thing because I need more armor for the underside. If I lived in the Bend/Redmond area I would use it as a test track after making upgrades or repairs.

Ok guys. So here it is. We didn't get as much video as we thought, and I had help with it. It's my first video, thanks to the creative editing of my niece, haha!

Next time we will get much more video and make even better ones. Who knows, maybe we can even get Eddie and Cindy to run with us so we can have an awesome official Wayalife video.

https://youtu.be/ZSgCPPPxJHE

Very nice. Glad you guys had a good time.:rock:

I cant hardly wait for this next run.
I will bring my GoPro. I can tape with it but the software to video edit is still way above my head. I just need to slow down and play with it more.
Daughter off in collage and I have no kids around to help me anymore.

When we got mine my wife went over and got me an extra battery right away. Said "It was the last one".
Also I have mine set up as an In Car Camera so I routed a charger from my consul charging port out and up to the rear view where a mount is stuck to the windshield behind the rear view mirror.
This way it can stay on all the time and charge when the vehicle is shut off. In 1080 at 60fps I can get about 6 hours on the 64gb card. Got a 32gb card as well for a backup. :photo:

These things take forever to charge!

Just came in from looking at a 4K monitor, got to go wipe the drool off.

Top Bottom