Jku or jkur?

Dustless

Ok question for my research, I am going to be getting ready to start saving for my new jeep at the start on the new year I would like info, pros and cons on a unlimited vs Rubicon as I plain on building my jeep up like Moby and what would be more cost efficient to start off with.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
if you plan on building like moby i would say JKU as you will save money which will allow you to have more money for the new axles to support the tires. some will argue that point as well that that you can get a lot of money back for your used Rubi Axles. it really is a toss up in my opinion.

TheDuff

Is it going to be a long build process or are you going to do prorock axles right off the bat? Motor swap?
The reason I ask is because the Rubicon has quite a few nice upgrades, but if your gonna do axles and a motor+tcase swap right away, then you would be better off with a sport. If this is a long build process I would definitely go rubi.
Rubi has: front and rear E lockers, 4:1 low range transfer case, electronic sway bar disconnect, monotube shocks, normally higher spring rate springs, mud terrain tires, sweet hood decals.
Even if you plan to get prorock axles down the line, the d44 Rubicon axles are nice to have in the meantime and sell pretty easily used (normal rate around 1k-1.5k per axle). Good luck and have fun:)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

lots of variables here- is your build going to go straight to 40's? or are you going to build it eventually to 40's?
I always thought that if you knew from the start you were going to Dana 60's and 40's, then why start with a rubi? start with a sport, because it is cheaper to buy up front.
But Optimus Prime made a good point with his build- start with a rubi, so you can sell off the parts you don't use later (axles).

I specifically chose a rubi because i knew i would build to 35's or 37's and be happy with that for a while - d44 front, transfer case, lockers, gears made it worthwhile to me.

Dustless

Ya that's what I was thinking as with the options I want so far the diff is a 12k value new from the dealer from jku to jkur , but at the same time I know I could do more right out the box with the jkur while saving for or ordering mods

Dustless

The build its more likely to be a slow going one, ie. One or two things a year to work up to what Moby is today. Also debating on doing the diesel motor from the start and having a good friend help mod a build it to a beast

Dustless

I know one thing is I will be doing the small lift from the dealer and running 35"s from the start

Dustless

based off what you just said i would go Rubi first then.

thanks, Ya that's what I am leaning more to. I just wanted input and everything as I know it's going to be a slow build

Dustless

I would like to thank everyone so far on the input, every little bit is going to help me make a decision when it comes time

bl17z90

Personally, i would 't buy a rubi because I want to replace almost all of what actually makes it a rubi. The only things I would want to keep would be the rear 44 and the transfer case. Eddie has pointed out that the non rubi 44 is different and is actually easier to build thanthe rubi rear 44. But this is just my opinion.

Good luck and most important of all, have fun with it.

Sent from my phone?

Top Bottom