JK's JK Rubicon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for taking the time Lee to get me those huge jack stands. :rock:

Kevin is a bit spacey lately so if they aren't waiting for you then you'll be SOL unless you just stack a few 2x4's between the frame rails and body which will work just as well.

Also, not sure how high you need to raise it but be sure to keep a watch out for anything such as wire looms, brake lines and hoses that can get pulled apart.

Kevin is a bit spacey lately so if they aren't waiting for you then you'll be SOL unless you just stack a few 2x4's between the frame rails and body which will work just as well.

Well I plan to head that way, so I really hope there out there!!!!

Chris & I used this 6x12 beam I had laying around & a couple concrete deck piers lol, it was more stable than jack stands

How high did you guys need to raise the body?

Well I plan to head that way, so I really hope there out there!!!!

How high did you guys need to raise the body?

We used a big flat block on the back of the tub & a separate jack, only had to lift it 3/4 inches, newer jk's don't have the middle body mount so it goes in easier, also I don't think you have to disconnect the gas filler tube on newer ones

I have the same radius arm lift that you have and for the wheeling I get to do it works fine but I'm sure I will want more eventually and go the same route you are I've e been tryi g to start a build thread but I'm not that good with computers so posting pics has me stumped lol I'll get it one of these days

We used a big flat block on the back of the tub & a separate jack, only had to lift it 3/4 inches, newer jk's don't have the middle body mount so it goes in easier, also I don't think you have to disconnect the gas filler tube on newer ones

Great information Panda. :thumb:

I have the same radius arm lift that you have and for the wheeling I get to do it works fine but I'm sure I will want more eventually and go the same route you are I've e been tryi g to start a build thread but I'm not that good with computers so posting pics has me stumped lol I'll get it one of these days

No worries. I plan to wheeling some hard stuff so the more flex I have the better for all the wheels to be on the ground. If you need help posting up pictures let me know. It's not that hard to do.

Poison Spyder CB Mount

Installed the Poison Spyder CB mount today. Super easy to install and looks great. Thank you again Lee for providing me with the fire stick and coax cable. :rock::rock:

DSC02863.1.jpgDSC02864.1.jpgDSC02865.1.jpgDSC02866.1.jpg

4.5" Coils

Got the 4.5" coils from BONDSY today for the front end. :yup: I'm almost ready for tomorrow and all I need now is bleeders from O'reily in the morning. I went by earlier today and ordered up some automatic bleeders :rock:

DSC02870.JPG

Front 4.5" springs and EVO rear CO's

Let me tell you guys what, this installation is not for the average person to install. The instructions are not clear by any means and now I'm thinking I should write these CO's up so someone else does not have to go through the misery I'm going through. Installed the front 4.5" spring in the front and only needed to rotate the top of the axle two turns in. Installed the Rockstars and the swaybar bracket. There is a bunch of cutting involved with the project for sure. Tomorrow will be drilling and mounting the CO's.

Got mystery bolts include with the package :thinking:

DSC02871.JPGDSC02872.JPGDSC02873.JPGDSC02874.JPGDSC02875.JPGDSC02876.JPGDSC02877.JPGDSC02878.JPGDSC02879.JPGDSC02880.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom