JK Experience GOLD DUST PISMO OCEANO SAND DUNES JKX Part 5

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I was just watching this and realized some dude with investors bought Cerro Gordo some months back. He lives alone out there, That must have been the old owner or caretaker in the video. I think recently the old hotel burnt down, but he is still there trying to make a go at it. The hotel was beautiful too bad that part of history gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5w99Bx1aC4

Elroy231

I've been watching that guys videos about living out there. Hes really making an attempt to save some of that history. Its pretty interesting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

Me too. It's a crazy venture, but would be cool. It's too bad about the hotel awesome .

Sent from my moto g(7) power using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm a sucker for history. I really enjoy old buildings and things from bygone era's. The things those men and women went thru to build a town from nothing. Sure, we do the same thing in our generation. Not like they did tho. That was WORK back then, real work.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m totally addicted as well.. I have a few more of his early videos to watch... I remember watching Eddies video and thinking what a cool place to visit... Fast forward, my good buddy starts texting me videos of him in the Cerro Gordo Mines... He has been spending a ton of time up there helping Brent ... and he is on the team that got the water pump to work and elevator working for the first time in many years.... I believe he’s going 700ft down soon to address some more issues with the pump. As far as the new Hotel, right now they are having logistic issues with getting 90yards of concrete to the site... Hopefully they figure something out and can move forward... My fingers are crossed they will let me swing a hammer on the new Hotel... for at least a weekend. It would be awesome to be apart of History.

Elroy231

I’m totally addicted as well.. I have a few more of his early videos to watch... I remember watching Eddies video and thinking what a cool place to visit... Fast forward, my good buddy starts texting me videos of him in the Cerro Gordo Mines... He has been spending a ton of time up there helping Brent ... and he is on the team that got the water pump to work and elevator working for the first time in many years.... I believe he’s going 700ft down soon to address some more issues with the pump. As far as the new Hotel, right now they are having logistic issues with getting 90yards of concrete to the site... Hopefully they figure something out and can move forward... My fingers are crossed they will let me swing a hammer on the new Hotel... for at least a weekend. It would be awesome to be apart of History.
That is really cool!! That would be so great to work on that!! Hope they figure it out soon and can move forward. Quite an undertaking but in my opinion worth it.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm a sucker for history. I really enjoy old buildings and things from bygone era's. The things those men and women went thru to build a town from nothing. Sure, we do the same thing in our generation. Not like they did tho. That was WORK back then, real work.

Me too! I wish I would have seen more in Colorado when I lived there.

Sweet! I bet it would be creepy out there all by yourself. However, the way the world has been heading I really could be an introvert. It would be cool too hang out there and work on some of the projects. You gotta post it up if you do.

Top Bottom