Jeep Wrangler Light Bar Flapping & Whistle Fix

Im going to offer a package deal with the bracket extensions and the bulb gasket. The brackets are used to move the light bar forward about 2 inches to eliminate the soft top flapping. The gasket is used to eliminate about 90% of the whistle from the light bar. Any whistle you might hear after the gasket is wind coming in on the sides of the light bar. To eliminate this you will need to put silicone in the ends. I can also sell one item or the other if you would like. Brackets can be customized as well if needed. Below are the package deal items.
$25-(2) metal brackets 1/4" thick with 3/8" dia. holes for mounting (Hole sizes can be changed)
$25-(3) strips of bulb gasket at 48" long (length can be modified)
IMG_2049.jpg IMG_2067.jpg IMG_2107.jpg IMG_2108.jpg IMG_2110.jpg

Welcome to WAL :standing wave:

First post being one to sell things probably won't go well. You might want to look at the rules a bit closer and swing over to the "Give us a wave" area for a more formal introduction (assuming you are not here to just sell stuff).

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Im going to offer a package deal with the bracket extensions and the bulb gasket. The brackets are used to move the light bar forward about 2 inches to eliminate the soft top flapping. The gasket is used to eliminate about 90% of the whistle from the light bar. Any whistle you might hear after the gasket is wind coming in on the sides of the light bar. To eliminate this you will need to put silicone in the ends. I can also sell one item or the other if you would like. Brackets can be customized as well if needed. Below are the package deal items.
$25-(2) metal brackets 1/4" thick with 3/8" dia. holes for mounting (Hole sizes can be changed)
$25-(3) strips of bulb gasket at 48" long (length can be modified)
View attachment 152643 View attachment 152644 View attachment 152645 View attachment 152646 View attachment 152647

Welcome to WAL! Great first post.

Please review the rules you agreed to when you signed up before you continue.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I read over the rules for posting stuff to be sold. Im assuming my post is ok?

No. Your post is not ok.

The rules state that you cannot be a member just to sell stuff.
Which having your first post in the for sale section is a big indicator that it is your only intention.

Go back, re read the rules and give us a wave.

First Post

I know this is my first post but i am new to the wayalife web site. I read the rules and i do understand them. I haven't been on any trails to give any feed back or done anything like others have posted. My jeep has been a project for me for the past two years and when i get it ready for the trails ill be sure to post new stuff. I recently bought a light bar and experienced the horrible soft top flapping and come up with a great solution. So i figured i would let everyone know what i have to fix it. It cost me money to make the brackets so i cant just give them away. With that being said if you feel like my first post is going to be a problem then why should i be apart of this forum. I assumed the Jeep family was full of awesome people but maybe i assumed to quickly!

Welcome to WAL :standing wave:

First post being one to sell things probably won't go well. You might want to look at the rules a bit closer and swing over to the "Give us a wave" area for a more formal introduction (assuming you are not here to just sell stuff).

First Post

Considering im new to the Wayalife forum im not here to just sell stuff. I figured out a solution to many peoples problems who have light bars and soft tops. So i was letting people know i can help them out. The brackets cost me money so i cant give them away for free. Plus i havent been on here long enough to make any new post about anything yet. But if you want to remove me from the site then i guess thats your decision.

No. Your post is not ok.

The rules state that you cannot be a member just to sell stuff.
Which having your first post in the for sale section is a big indicator that it is your only intention.

Go back, re read the rules and give us a wave.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I know this is my first post but i am new to the wayalife web site. I read the rules and i do understand them. I haven't been on any trails to give any feed back or done anything like others have posted. My jeep has been a project for me for the past two years and when i get it ready for the trails ill be sure to post new stuff. I recently bought a light bar and experienced the horrible soft top flapping and come up with a great solution. So i figured i would let everyone know what i have to fix it. It cost me money to make the brackets so i cant just give them away. With that being said if you feel like my first post is going to be a problem then why should i be apart of this forum. I assumed the Jeep family was full of awesome people but maybe i assumed to quickly!

If you are producing/selling product then you should contact admin about becoming a sponsor. Why do you get to advertise and sell for free while the other forum sponsors have to pay?

And it's hard to accept someone you know nothing about. Only that they want to sell shit....

I was just looking out. This is a great group of guys and gals, but it's also a pretty tight group. Most of the people here would prefer to purchase something from someone they know. Since this is your first post, we don't know you and it is why I suggested the "Give us a wave" as others have.

In my opinion (and take it for what it's worth) providing a solution to other Jeepers is awesome, the point where you charge is different matter. I can understand the bracket as they have to be made. but anything you source would go over better by being listed along with where you got them over selling.

Everyone had a first post once.... This one just sends the wrong vibe. ;)

Really?

Go look at all the for sale items listed on this forum! Im not the only person selling something here! So i guess you need to go jumo everyone elses ass for wanting to sell jeep parts as well.

If you are producing/selling product then you should contact admin about becoming a sponsor. Why do you get to advertise and sell for free while the other forum sponsors have to pay?

And it's hard to accept someone you know nothing about. Only that they want to sell shit....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Go look at all the for sale items listed on this forum! Im not the only person selling something here! So i guess you need to go jumo everyone elses ass for wanting to sell jeep parts as well.

Lol You just don't get it do you? I told you how to make this all stop but you instead decided to get your panties in a bunch.

I took care of the give us a wave post. I couldnt find it at first. But to go back on what you said about the source of the brackets. I make the brackets. I dont buy them anywhere else. I cut them and make them here at my shop.

I was just looking out. This is a great group of guys and gals, but it's also a pretty tight group. Most of the people here would prefer to purchase something from someone they know. Since this is your first post, we don't know you and it is why I suggested the "Give us a wave" as others have.

In my opinion (and take it for what it's worth) providing a solution to other Jeepers is awesome, the point where you charge is different matter. I can understand the bracket as they have to be made. but anything you source would go over better by being listed along with where you got them over selling.

Everyone had a first post once.... This one just sends the wrong vibe. ;)

Moochie

You are manufacturing parts and selling them here. Not allowed, unless you are a paying advertiser. Keep it up and your account will be suspended.

You are manufacturing parts and selling them here. Not allowed, unless you are a paying advertiser. Keep it up and your account will be suspended.

I made these brackets for myself and it fixed a problem. These are not on a manufacturing level of any kind. If someone has the same problem and would like a set then i would be happy to make them. But metal cost me money and making them takes time. So yeah i made a for sale post to help out anyone who needs this fix!

noroad

most people just spend 10 bucks on black door trim at pretty much every store out there, and it looks way cleaner then that.

most people just spend 10 bucks on black door trim at pretty much every store out there, and it looks way cleaner then that.

door trim is pretty cheap. the stuff i offer has internal metal clips and is more heavy duty and longer lasting. i also have it without the bulb gasket. but thanks for your opinion!

noroad

door trim is pretty cheap. the stuff i offer has internal metal clips and is more heavy duty and longer lasting. i also have it without the bulb gasket. but thanks for your opinion!

Door trim over a year here( new England record breaking snow fall) still going strong for 10 bucks

Top Bottom