Jeep won't start 2006 TJ Automatic

raiderz628

I went out of town for three days came home my Jeep didn't start. She didn't turn over click anything. I replaced the battery terminals then the battery because it was old and I live in Arizona still nothing. I have power to the starter can use a screwdriver to get the starter to kick in. I did get a good deal on a new starter since I assumed if I had power to the starter and could jump in with a screwdriver it meant the starter celluloid was out. Been 20 years since I worked on a vehicle so I am out of date any ideas before I tow it to the shop. Sorry in line 6 4.0 engine
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I have heard some people running into a similar issue. They would put it into neutral or push the shifter forward in park and it would start. Im not sure what causes this but I hope this helps or gets you pointed in the right direction.

I have heard some people running into a similar issue. They would put it into neutral or push the shifter forward in park and it would start. Im not sure what causes this but I hope this helps or gets you pointed in the right direction.[/QU I actually had a friend come over and try it I had never heard of that but it didn't work but Thank you going to the shop on Monday at least it died in the driveway and not in the desert with the baby in it.
Thank you again

There are safety switches in your jeep regarding the auto tranny, one on the shifter IIRC and the brake pedal uses the brake light switch. It is designed to keep you from starting the engine while in drive or reverse. That way you can only start it while in neutral or park. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom