Jeep JT 3.0L EcoDiesel

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Just picked up this Sport S Ecodiesel yesterday. It will be my new commuter. Living very rurally I spend a lot of time on unmaintained dirt roads, I see miles of mud, and plenty of washouts, and I do all my in town errands in one day.

This is just enough truck for my commuter, I don’t need the heavy hauler for errands. It’ll get a lift, tires, bumpers, and lockers. That should suffice for now. 8CCA9000-3203-4172-985E-F51C617B60DA.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Just picked up this Sport S Ecodiesel yesterday. It will be my new commuter. Living very rurally I spend a lot of time on unmaintained dirt roads, I see miles of mud, and plenty of washouts, and I do all my in town errands in one day.

This is just enough truck for my commuter, I don’t need the heavy hauler for errands. It’ll get a lift, tires, bumpers, and lockers. That should suffice for now.

Congrats. What lockers are you going with? Or are you swapping axles? And what size tires?

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Congrats. What lockers are you going with? Or are you swapping axles? And what size tires?

Still deciding on lockers, had e-lockers in the past, currently have ARBsin my crawler. No axle swap on the daily, thinking 35’s are more than enough, but...

Like many of my past vehicles that started as dailies, they often get built beyond my initial intentions. Gotta do some research and see what my options are. Not even sure what my lift choices are with the ecodiesel yet. Didn’t wake up yesterday thinking I’d be buying a diesel JT, just happened to find out there was one sitting on a local lot.

WJCO

Meme King
Still deciding on lockers, had e-lockers in the past, currently have ARBsin my crawler. No axle swap on the daily, thinking 35’s are more than enough, but...

Like many of my past vehicles that started as dailies, they often get built beyond my initial intentions. Gotta do some research and see what my options are. Not even sure what my lift choices are with the ecodiesel yet. Didn’t wake up yesterday thinking I’d be buying a diesel JT, just happened to find out there was one sitting on a local lot.

I'm running 35s currently on my JT (sport s as well). It's got about 15k on it now. I didn't plan on wheeling it but am slowly reconsidering. IMO with 35s, the belly will scrape a lot. Seems you really need a hefty lift and big tires on these to play in big rocks.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I'm running 35s currently on my JT (sport s as well). It's got about 15k on it now. I didn't plan on wheeling it but am slowly reconsidering. IMO with 35s, the belly will scrape a lot. Seems you really need a hefty lift and big tires on these to play in big rocks.

Yeah, if you’re going to use it for crawling, you need a lot of lift to compensate for the WB. That long wheelbase is great for places like Sand Hollow where every thing Is a huge vertical. They can right on top of stuff quick. But for more moderate crawling (horizontal) You gotta go up higher. I’ve seen some sweet bobbed rigs. Can’t say mine won’t get bobbed years down the road.

My JKU is my crawler, that runs 42’s to get the clearance under the super duty’s. Does pretty good in Sand Hollow, but a bit more WB would be awesome out there.

Top Bottom