Jeep declares all-time sales record

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty amazing stuff right here! Go Jeep!! :thumb:

Jeep declares all-time sales record
jeep-sales.jpg

Jeep declared an all-time global sales record for 2012, with 702,000 vehicles sold across the world; the previous record was 675,000 vehicles sold, in 1999.

2012 Jeep sales were 19% higher than in 2011. Sales increased in all major regions in the world, with a particularly large percentage increase in sales outside North America. Jeep remains a primarily American brand, though, with 162,000 sales (77% of its total) within the core three nations.

Ironically, Jeep was a more global brand years ago; Kaiser purchased the brand from Willys primarily to take advantage of its global nature, after years of declining sales of Kaiser cars within the United States (largely due to the Chevrolet-Ford price/sales wars).

Jeep remains Chrysler’s most internationally successful brand. Sales of Chrysler-built vehicles (including Journey/Freemont) through Fiat and Lancia are the second largest, with just 68,000 (rounded) non-NAFTA sales, followed by Dodge (30,000), Chrysler brand itself (11,000), and Ram (6,000).

The increase in rebranded Chrysler car sales is due mainly to the success of the Fiat Freemont, which has sold well for its class in Europe and South America, even as more expensive Lancia-branded Chryslers (Flavia, Thema, Voyager) have languished.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/01/jeep-declares-all-time-sales-record

MTG

Caught the Bug
"best year ever globally and in U.S." for the Wrangler.

I wonder if this will push out the rumored changes to the Wranger?

JAGS

Hooked
Heard this in the news. :thumb:I too was part of making the record numbers and the record month (June 2012).

Its actually really cool seeing American car makers like Jeep and Ford (no bail out) coming back strong. Jeep needs the innovation across all models to stay high so they can continue to support and fund Wrangler for many decades to come.

bornjeep

"best year ever globally and in U.S." for the Wrangler.

I wonder if this will push out the rumored changes to the Wranger?

Why spend money retooling and starting new adds etc when current model is doing so well. I bet if anything it will push new wranglers farther out eh?

Top Bottom