Jeep blinker issues.

mackey

For some strange reason when I turn on my left blinker, it blinks super fast. Like as if a light were out. My front and rear blinker lights work just fine. I have no other lights out. When I trimmed my fenders 6 months ago, I cut the wire on both sides for the light that attached on the stock fender. Never had an issue until recently. Don't know what causes the fast blinking. It is a tad bit annoying while stopped at stop lights. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A fast blinking light means you have a bad bulb. You will also see this if you are running LED lights as they will not have enough resistance. If you had resistors installed to help prevent this and you are sure your lights are all working, could be your resistor blew or got damaged when you accidentally cut your wire.

This is exactly what is happening to me. No lights are out. But left blinker blinks like crazy and has got so annoying I don't use it most of the time.

mackey

A fast blinking light means you have a bad bulb. You will also see this if you are running LED lights as they will not have enough resistance. If you had resistors installed to help prevent this and you are sure your lights are all working, could be your resistor blew or got damaged when you accidentally cut your wire.

I've checked a couple times and all lights work. Is there a way to check if the resistor blew? Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is exactly what is happening to me. No lights are out. But left blinker blinks like crazy and has got so annoying I don't use it most of the time.

You're sure that both front and rear indicator lights are working? If not, take some time to make sure. There is a fuse under the hood that can cause this too if it's blown. I can't remember what is is off the top of my head but if you look at the panel, you should be able to find it.

Seajk

Stand in front of jeep. push the lock button on key fob. watch for marker lights to flash. if your left one doesn't flash, swap the socket the bulb plugs into with the rt side. see if it does not flash on that side now. if not that is your problem. but you cant pick up socket at local auto store for some reason.

JAGS

Hooked
LOL! Again, thank you for helping me to figure out the problem I was having :)

#webwrencher Ha ha. I found it because of your forum.

I can't remember to put the dishes away half the time, but can remember shit I read here. Lol.

rubicrawl

I as well have this problem all my blinkers work and both my right and left turn signal are fast and I checked m17 and M18 and both fuses are good and this just happened maybe 2 months ago any other suggestions? I've stopped using my blinkers

ttfhell

I as well have this problem all my blinkers work and both my right and left turn signal are fast and I checked m17 and M18 and both fuses are good and this just happened maybe 2 months ago any other suggestions? I've stopped using my blinkers

Not using your blinkers is obviously the best choice.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug

You've been to Moab in the last two months?

Top Bottom