Jeep accident in nj

mrmet1983

Thank god everyone is going to be ok but I am a skier and double black diamond is no joke I wud never take my jeep on one of those trails especially cuz the gravel and rocks are so loose

Sent from my JK

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
While what happened was tragic and yes they shouldn't have been on that trail, that doesn't condon trashing them on this site. We are a Jeep family.

No. I don't condone drinking and driving (or drinking and wheeling) especially when you are with a kid. I don't give a crap what you drive. An a$$ like that can roll down the mountain and take out your kid fishing on a stream. I have no interest in being "family" with someone that does something like that, ESPECIALLY a cop of all people.

EP-130509905.jpg

AR-130509905.jpg

Attachments

• ku-medium.png
    ku-medium.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Tackerdown

Banned
No. I don't condone drinking and driving (or drinking and wheeling) especially when you are with a kid. I don't give a crap what you drive. An a$$ like that can roll down the mountain and take out your kid fishing on a stream. I have no interest in being "family" with someone that does something like that, ESPECIALLY a cop of all people.

EP-130509905.jpg

AR-130509905.jpg

So he was drunk. How could you do that with your son and wife in your rig. I worry about that when in a group , what if the guy behind you is toasted . There is a good chance he will take you out.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So he was drunk. How could you do that with your son and wife in your rig. I worry about that when in a group , what if the guy behind you is toasted . There is a good chance he will take you out.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Which is what I meant by I won't want anything to do with people like that. I've been on a track where some dude was buzzed. He almost took a buddy of mine out. I made sure he was ejected from the track, banned from our forum, and no one ever rolled with him again.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
BTW, since we are sort of on the topic of cages...Im new to the Jeep world, but have been in the sports car/track car world for a long time. Generally speaking, cages are a no-no on a road vehicle for two reasons...

1) A well built cage eliminates crumple zones. This WILL cause severe injuries without the appropriate gear which is NOT worn in everyday situations (ie a Hans Device.)

2) A cage is meant to be used with a helmet. Without a helmet, a cage is a deathtrap.

It seems Jeepers don't follow the above two rules...just curious as to why? I don't even want to install those steel entry grab handles because I see them as something to slam your skull into in the event of an accident (not to mention, insurance denying a medical claim because you added a hazardous device.)

Last edited:

spinuck

BTW, since we are sort of on the topic of cages...Im new to the Jeep world, but have been in the sports car/track car world for a long time. Generally speaking, cages are a no-no on a road vehicle for two reasons...

1) A well built cage eliminates crumple zones. This WILL cause severe injuries without the appropriate gear which is NOT worn in everyday situations (ie a Hans Device.)

2) A cage is meant to be used with a helmet. Without a helmet, a cage is a deathtrap.

It seems Jeepers don't follow the above two rules...just curious as to why? I don't even want to install those steel entry grab handles because I see them as something to slam your skull into in the even of an accident (not to mention, insurance denying a medical claim because you added a hazardous device.)

I think most of us would like to think if we do roll, it'd only be once or twice as we're not going particularly fast. But you bring up good points. On a side note, I used to think it would be cool of some of the larger ski resorts had 4x4 access in the summer kind of like some of the OHV parks. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

rinkishjk

I think most of us would like to think if we do roll, it'd only be once or twice as we're not going particularly fast. But you bring up good points. On a side note, I used to think it would be cool of some of the larger ski resorts had 4x4 access in the summer kind of like some of the OHV parks. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

Killington in vt actually has had jeep events there on the mountain, but it was setup and guided by people who work there.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's getting worse and worse for the guy. Probably will be getting divorced as well. (Although not sure that's a bad thing :cheesy: )

Sudz

update

http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/ind...ive_gets_probation_in_ski_slope_accident.html

A former Passaic County detective has been sentenced to two years probation for trying to drive his Jeep Wrangler down a ski trail at the Mountain Creek resort, causing the vehicle to flip more than 20 times, the Sussex County Prosecutor’s Office said.

Michael Fertitta, 40, who admitted to being intoxicated at the time of the May 4 off-roading accident, was also forced to resign from his $73,000-a-year job with the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office and is barred from any future public employment in New Jersey.

In addition, Fertitta, formerly of Vernon, must perform 90 hours of community service, attend 48 hours of classes at the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center, pay $1,486 in fines and penalties, and his driver’s license was suspended for seven months.

Fertitta, whose blood-level at the time of the accident was .17, more than twice the legal limit, pleaded guilty Oct. 30 to two counts of assault by auto, endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated.

The accident resulted in injuries to Fertitta, his wife, Kelly, 43, and their 6-year-old son, who were passengers in the vehicle.

In September, Kelly Fertitta was admitted into the state’s pre-trial intervention program for 18 months. Child neglect charges against her will be dismissed upon her successful completion of the PTI program.

Since the accident, the Fertittas have moved to Winnsboro, La., according to the Sussex prosecutor’s office.

Fertitta was sentenced Dec. 20 before Superior Court Judge Thomas Critchley, sitting in Newton.

Top Bottom