It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

DCR JEEP

I agree with you on the Excellent Kit part. Yeah If it was a Kit like AEV you would definitely pay for it. We have a shop north of here that has done multiple Motech builds and they work great. They have done so many of them that's probably why they are not having issues. Hopefully when Motech gets their hands on it, they will get through the issues fast and you will be back behind the wheel again soon and you will look back and say it was all worth it.:thumb:

Here is one I got to take a ride in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPC6tvScXzw Hopefully this will keep your head up.

Lol, I like the title. That's pretty badass and well worth it if somebody has the money to do it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you on the Excellent Kit part. Yeah If it was a Kit like AEV you would definitely pay for it. We have a shop north of here that has done multiple Motech builds and they work great. They have done so many of them that's probably why they are not having issues. Hopefully when Motech gets their hands on it, they will get through the issues fast and you will be back behind the wheel again soon and you will look back and say it was all worth it.:thumb:

Here is one I got to take a ride in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPC6tvScXzw Hopefully this will keep your head up.

Shops like the one you are referring to and Turnkey here in SoCal have made a lot of modification to the "kit" to make it fit their needs and I will agree, going with them will most likely get you up and running quickly. We were trying to install a "kit" that Motech sells and from what we have seen so far, it is anything but. Trust me, I am working with guys that do engine swaps all the time and we're having a hell of a time trying to do it according to the instructions Motech has provided. Not saying that we can't make it work, it would just need some custom modifications to make it happen. This is definitely NOT something your average Joe even with mechanical know-how can take on with ease they way a true "kit" would allow.

JBurnside

Shops like the one you are referring to and Turnkey here in SoCal have made a lot of modification to the "kit" to make it fit their needs and I will agree, going with them will most likely get you up and running quickly. We were trying to install a "kit" that Motech sells and from what we have seen so far, it is anything but. Trust me, I am working with guys that do engine swaps all the time and we're having a hell of a time trying to do it according to the instructions Motech has provided. Not saying that we can't make it work, it would just need some custom modifications to make it happen. This is definitely NOT something your average Joe even with mechanical know-how can take on with ease they way a true "kit" would allow.

Agreed, a kit should be plug and play.

JaySC

I was all but sold on the Motech Kit for my eventual LS swap, but after reading this thread and talking to Mel, I'm not so sure anymore. I hope everything works out and thanks for the informative thread. I hope you rip Motech a new one for the rest of us who were going to go with their kit haha...

CJ THAT WENT JK

My buddy has one we are about to do ourselves, so I guess we will see what issues you are having. Finishing up suspension first then we will put the body back on and start the wiring. Fingers crossed I guess.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you must do it again would you go for the Motech kit ?.

Well at this point and time, they've made enough improvements to their "kit" that it might be worth considering. Still a better LS setup than what I have seen out there.

I was all but sold on the Motech Kit for my eventual LS swap, but after reading this thread and talking to Mel, I'm not so sure anymore. I hope everything works out and thanks for the informative thread. I hope you rip Motech a new one for the rest of us who were going to go with their kit haha...

Unless you're looking to do a HEMI swap, this still might be the best you can get. Hopefully, by the time you are ready to do it, they will have made more improvements to what they offer.

Good luck man. I can't imagine being without my jeep for almost a year.

Like I said, my patience is all but gone. I'm hoping to wrap this up soon.

My buddy has one we are about to do ourselves, so I guess we will see what issues you are having. Finishing up suspension first then we will put the body back on and start the wiring. Fingers crossed I guess.

With any luck, you won't have too many especially being that a lot of them have been worked out over the past year. Good luck to you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note that MoTech has been working on our Jeep the last few days and took Moby out for a test drive over the weekend. I am told that with the exception of a couple of unrelated issues (air bag light and speed sensor issue), he's running well now. More tests will be done Monday so we'll see.

Moochie

I should note that MoTech has been working on our Jeep the last few days and took Moby out for a test drive over the weekend. I am told that with the exception of a couple of unrelated issues (air bag light and speed sensor issue), he's running well now. More tests will be done Monday so we'll see.

Good news! Maybe you'll be taking a trip to Vegas soon.

Tigrcky

your frustrations is one of the biggest reasons that i think computer integration in vehicles is a BIG mistake. if you didnt have to work around the speedo and ABS id say rip it all out put in a stand alone fuel injection system just for the LS and call it good or go carb :) best of luck!

Progress, however slow is still progress. Another way to look at this as a great opportunity to provide feedback in the future when someone else does the LS swap.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
"Gentlemen, we have the technology to supersize Moby. We can make him better, faster, stronger...."
-Motech-

"You better soon or I'm gonna put my boot so far up your ass your breath will smell like Kiwi shoe polish!"
-Eddie-

bl17z90

"Gentlemen, we have the technology to supersize Moby. We can make him better, faster, stronger...."
-Motech-

"You better soon or I'm gonna put my boot so far up your ass your breath will smell like Kiwi shoe polish!"
-Eddie-

:cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom