It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

C'mon MoTech !! Don't they know that hundreds of people are waiting to see Moby back in action lol

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Visited Moby at Off Road Evolution today. This is the first time we have seen the new wheels and tires installed in person. We are still waiting for parts from MoTech before we can finish up the swap.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382140132.050597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why whats wrong with the PS pump bracket? They did quite a few conversions now and all brackets are a Go. Not sure what the problem is?

Why whats wrong with the PS pump bracket? They did quite a few conversions now and all brackets are a Go. Not sure what the problem is?

Not really sure either. The kit was supposed to allow for the use of a factory 3.8L power steering pump and we had a PSC pump made for a 3.8L motor. Only when we installed it, even at full adjustment, the serpentine belt was too loose. Motech said that we had the wrong pump and so we asked them to help us get what we needed. Well, that was over 2 weeks ago and after bugging them the last couple of days, they have just started asking about what fittings we had - in other words, it sounds like they are just now working on getting this figured out. :rolleyes2:

Not really sure either. The kit was supposed to allow for the use of a factory 3.8L power steering pump and we had a PSC pump made for a 3.8L motor. Only when we installed it, even at full adjustment, the serpentine belt was too loose. Motech said that we had the wrong pump and so we asked them to help us get what we needed. Well, that was over 2 weeks ago and after bugging them the last couple of days, they have just started asking about what fittings we had - in other words, it sounds like they are just now working on getting this figured out. :rolleyes2:

That's a damn shame !! Hopefully soon they will get there shit together. I am dying to see Moby back in action I cant even imagine how badly you want to start her up and hit the trails.

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

I'll bet ORE can find a solution faster.:yup:

something just screams lost in translation here :thinking:

Visited Moby at Off Road Evolution today. This is the first time we have seen the new wheels and tires installed in person. We are still waiting for parts from MoTech before we can finish up the swap.

View attachment 53242

Mobby is looken awesome!:thumbup::D:beer: cant wait to see him on the trails....:):rolleyes:maybe you can give me mobby and you take mine and start over....:p

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

why don't you guys just find a smaller belt?

There kit is designed for a 3.8 stock mopar ps pump. Why dont you just use the factory pump in the mean while to keep her running.

I thought PSC is excatly the same size dimensions as factory stock pump.

Also you can use different size belt to keep it tight....

why don't you guys just find a smaller belt?

You would think it would be that easy but, apparently the pulley doesn't line up. Motech said that we had the wrong pump :thinking: :idontknow:

There kit is designed for a 3.8 stock mopar ps pump. Why dont you just use the factory pump in the mean while to keep her running.

I thought PSC is excatly the same size dimensions as factory stock pump.

Also you can use different size belt to keep it tight....

Don't have a factory pump anymore and even if we did, it wouldn't deliver enough to power our ram assist. Even still, the PSC pump we had was made for our 3.8L motor but it didn't line up well. Motech is making us a new bracket.

View attachment 53242

I hope you guys enjoyed that box of parts I left in Moby last week! Lol ;-)

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

R u going to use the latest jeep auto shifter with bump shift? The PRNDL is very important display especially going from manual to Auto...you can use auto pcm if u want the PRNDL to dipaly in ur dash.

R u going to use the latest jeep auto shifter with bump shift? The PRNDL is very important display especially going from manual to Auto...you can use auto pcm if u want the PRNDL to dipaly in ur dash.

I could be wrong here but perhaps that was covered when they had the PCM reprogrammed by motech :thinking:

Just picked up a copy of an off-road mag and they gave the Wrangler NSG370 5-speed now turned flower pot a hallowed spot on their "walk of shame" list. Jumping out of first was a major complaint. Nothing about bad vibes though.

Top Bottom