Is This Normal For Swinging Style Tire Carriers?

K.D.C.H

I was wondering if this is normal for the swinging style tire carriers. The reaction from everyone else in the video wasn't a surprised one so am I right in assuming this happens more often than not? Also when they close the carrier it seems to just latch like the gate of a house fence. Don't most have some king of pin locking device or is this really how some tire carriers latch close? I just remember Eddie talking at great lengths about the importance of a good carrier and it kinda stuck with me

The tire carrier part begins at 2m16s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! No, this is by no means "normal" or, I should say, not in my book anyway. :crazyeyes:

K.D.C.H

LOL!! No, this is by no means "normal" or, I should say, not in my book anyway. :crazyeyes:

Thought so but I figured I'd ask, if anything it's just another video to emphasize the importance that's theres some parts not to go cheap on. I wonder if that system only latches like a gate or if it has a pin lock and if it does have a pin style lock why the hell didn't they pit it in after that happened :doh:

jeeeep

Hooked
I don't think it's normal, but I've seen it happen. guess it depends on how loose the latch is already.
As you can see there's a lot of bouncing about.
I also see a lot with an extra strap or modified to use a linch pin to keep them from accidental opening

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
It never happened on my rock hard tire carrier but sometimes the latch would get into a half latched position where I could see something like this happen in those conditions. Not normal and most carriers have better latches nowadays.

Top Bottom