Is superchips on the forum?

Donner85

Just wondering if they are.... Love my trailsdash, however tech support sucks!!

Trying to get my reverse camera to automatically come on when it's in reverse. I can get the camera to come up on the screen when I start the jeep so it knows there's a camera hooked up, but when I put it in reverse it never changes. I've read all over about people needing a custom update to make it work. Tech support has been useless, they tell me all sorts of ideas to make it work and then when it doesn't get anywhere they just stop answering your emails. This has happened 2x now.

WJCO

Meme King
I don't believe they're on the forum. I too have had shitty experiences with their tech support.

caminton

I mean...they offer a 25% military discount if you call, so there's that? Otherwise I haven't gotten them to answer any emails I've sent. I had questions about running the TD2 with EAS to be the switches for a Trail Rocker system from Painless Wiring. Never got a response from customer service or their tech support.

Donner85

It's like as soon as they can fix their stuff we'll just stop answering. All I want is the custom update others have gotten, what's so hard about that??

Other than the reverse camera I love my trailsdash, it's done everything else I needed it to

jeff_in_rc

Just wondering if they are.... Love my trailsdash, however tech support sucks!!

Trying to get my reverse camera to automatically come on when it's in reverse. I can get the camera to come up on the screen when I start the jeep so it knows there's a camera hooked up, but when I put it in reverse it never changes. I've read all over about people needing a custom update to make it work. Tech support has been useless, they tell me all sorts of ideas to make it work and then when it doesn't get anywhere they just stop answering your emails. This has happened 2x now.

Don't have a JK but on my TJ I needed a 12vdc source to activate the camera I have, does the JK have a source for that? If not how hard would it be to add a wire at the bulb and run it to the radio to trigger the camera?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Don't have a JK but on my TJ I needed a 12vdc source to activate the camera I have, does the JK have a source for that? If not how hard would it be to add a wire at the bulb and run it to the radio to trigger the camera?

Yeah, it's called the battery or the ignition. Most people use the cig lighter.

WJCO

Meme King

You can wire in the power signal on the camera to the reverse circuit. You could do this via the bulb circuit. A test light will confirm which wire it is.

Donner85

Just to eliminate any troubleshooting on wiring, I have it straight to the battery temporarily. The camera pops up when I turn on the trail dash so I definitely knows there is a camera attached, it just won't switch into the camera view when I go to reverse. It's definitely a software issue and they refuse to acknowledge it.

WJCO

Meme King
So is there suppose to be something built in that detects when you put the vehicle in reverse via the DLC? Seems to me that there would have to be a signal wire from the reverse circuit on the vehicle to enable the camera.

Donner85

It's linked to the computer in some way. I can make it display the current gear and it shows reverse, 1-5, park, and neutral

Top Bottom