Is anyone keeping their stock Sahara wheels in their build?

Labricon

Caught the Bug
My son just bought a 2014 Sahara JKU and is partial to his stock wheels. His current plan is to install the AEV 2" suspension spacer lift that I used to run and move to 33" tires with 1.5" Spydertrax spacers. The 18" wheels make the tires more costly but still less than wheel and tire change. Has anyone gone this route? This is his set up as it stands now bone stock
image.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Can't recall Sahara wheels, but I run 33s on jk Moab wheels, vanv39 runs 37s on stock Rubicon wheels, and gheller runs 33s on Rubicon wheels. To save money, I would absolutely run new tires on stock rims.

DSC04087c.jpg

31627799644_8571ba89c4_k.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

EDIT: And I just realized we're all running STT pros, which are the shit!!!

sparks

I also have a 2014 Sahara with the same rims. I planned on putting new rubber on stock rims, and painting (or plastidip'ing) them black to save the money on new wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

I am running 35×12.50r17 maxxis razr mt's on my stock rubicon wheels. They are a bit big on them but it works fine and will allow me to save up for better wheels over time. FB_IMG_1483146395953.jpeg

sent from your basement

BigBoy

If it were me, I'd skip the $200 for spidertrax and put that toward new wheels in 17". Tires will cost less and this saving plus any you can sell the Sahara wheels and tires for will basically wash on the new wheels.

HogBlock

I'm running the stock 13 and up ruby wheels with 1.5 inch spacers and 35's. I just scored 5 pro-comp wheels of Craigslist for $ 150. Will be switching soon but I'll send you a pic anyways. 2.5 inch TeraFlex spacer lift at the time this pic was taken. IMG_0608.jpg

HogBlock

Look, to get the jeep up and to start to make it look better than stock, use the lift, run the spacers and look for a good used set of tires on here, Craigslist etc. he can then get out and play with it and learn what he needs to upgrade next.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the responses! He ordered the spider tax before I even had a chance to post so for now he is planning to go that route. Thanks for the photo Clark

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

I was running 35 12.50 18s before I upgraded wheels and tires now I have 17" wheels and 18" wheels all for sale

Dopey

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Nothing wrong with the factory wheels. I will be running 295's on my Rubi ones. It is funny how some get rid of these and purchase ones cheaper. To each their own.

BlackJKU08

I have stock 18s on my 2008 jkus, I want to get the 17s off a new rubicon for future build ups, I love the style of them and only an planning a modest lift (2.5) at most.

Last edited:
Top Bottom