Interesting picture from a gov't recreation information site

Indefatigable

I was checking out some recreation site information today (May long weekend planning) and came across this picture on the recreation site's detail page. The detail page usually has how many camp sites, tables, outhouses and maybe a picture or two of what the recreation site looks like. This is more than expected!

Sitesandtrailsbc is the site for gov't info on somewhat wilderness - and sometimes user maintained recreation sites that were formerly part of the Forest Service.

http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/search/search-result.aspx?type=Site&site=REC1644&districtCode=RDCS

My first thought was WOW!

Second thought was, got to share :)

002.jpg

jeff_in_rc

Did you miss the caption "what NOT to do with your extra gas?" :cheesy:

WOW is right, very strange to say the least.

Indefatigable

all I can say is....:thinking:

I know exactly what is going on in the picture, but why take a picture and post it?

Guessing the contractor that was doing the beetle kill clearing was also taking the pictures and just sent them in, gov't uploaded without looking. And there you have it.

For those not aware, BC has had a beetle situation that has resulted in most of the pine trees in the province ending up dead. We have large portions of the interior that are just treeless now. The term clear cut seems inadequate.

The contractor for the area rec sites probably cut down the dead trees, cut the trees into firewood for the campers and piled and burned the limbs.

TrailBear

Or he was doing what we had to this weekend, burning the garbage left by the pigs before us:(

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

Top Bottom