Installing Artec Industries Rear Spring Perches

cis911

Snapshot 1 (12-19-2014 3-47 PM).png10369695_391836144315867_476878010486049374_n.jpg10847969_391836154315866_737049185399494071_n.jpghttp://youtu.be/HvZyrPexPfI Just finished installing some Artec spring perches to stop the coil from contacting the track bar and get rid of the bow in it. This is my first time doing a voiceover so I apologize for the muffled sound, I may get a mic next time. Enjoy. :rock:

DSCF0433.jpgDSCF0409.jpgDSCF0408.jpgDSCF0435.jpg I know there is a video in the first post but I know everyone loves pictures, so here are some before and after shots of the coils. Oh and I forgot to mention the JKS brand bolt on spring perches. That set would have been a bit easier but since I do go to school for welding and I have a welder I figured Id save $93 going this route.

Thanks for sharing... I was looking to use these when I stretch the wife's 2-door but hadn't seen a bunch of info on them.

I think I have room to push the axle back about 5" without comp cutting, but the upper mounts look a bit tough to push back more than 4". This might do the trick for both.

hmm may have to add this to my list as well, don't have that bad of spring bow but I feel its making the jeep ride a little weird in the back now.

What do you have for a lift that cause that much bend in the coils?

her jeep two door jk has a zoneoffroad 4in lift that's meant for a jku. I also think that it has something to do with me pushing the axle back past the center of the wheel well. while im at it, did I do wrong with posting the youtube link to the video on the original post. I totally did that on another thread then fixed it but not sure how to show a video the correct way

Can installing adjustable control arms fix this as well?

Thanks for sharing the video.[/QUOT

can adjustable arms fix the bow in the coils? umm I think most people use wedges that correct some bow, this jk has all four rear adjustable.

Can installing adjustable control arms fix this as well?

Thanks for sharing the video.

Yes they can. And they can also help restore the pinion angle. However, if your proficient with a welder this would be much cheaper than adj. arms. This method does nothing for pinion angle though.

What do you have for a lift that cause that much bend in the coils?

not sure on his lift but i experienced this issue on my jeep. when i installed the rock krawler control arms they were to long. the extra 1" starting point over stock made them bow just as bad if not worse than this when my pinion angle was set. ended up putting the stock lowers back on and getting synergy uppers because they started at stock length and i only needed to go a little past it.

I pushed the axle a bit past the center of the wheel well. I know I could have shortened the arms a bit but I liked the stance and I do have the ability to weld so I took advantage of it.

Top Bottom