Info on a jku

grimlin

Hey everyone I’m looking at a 2011 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport that has the 3.8l v6 what’s the pros and cons?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
okay ill have to do some looking the jeep, all the guys said its got a new motor and claims its the 3.6 so i dont know for sure yet once i look at it ill give a update on it. so i have heard different people say the 3.6 and the 3.8 penstare motors arent that good can some claify that and give me some info on that please
Man a proof read on your posts would be helpful.

The 3.8 is not a pentastar. The 3.6 is. The 3.6 has head issues. The 3.8 has a crappy trans.

Upvote 0

TonyT

Caught the Bug
You should do your due diligence on what you're looking at. 2011's had the interior updated, but still had the 3.8 and 4spd trans. Decode the vin, ask for the original window sticker if available, or pull it up on the Jeep website using the VIN. Not saying you're being purposely misled, but you certainly aren't getting the information from a knowledgeable source.

I've had my '09 since new and I've been fine with the 3.8 experience. However, there is no way in 2023 I would buy a Jeep with it.

Upvote 0

WJCO

Meme King
3.8s are weak in power. They can have some early rod bearing issues. We had 200k on ours with no issues other than cracked exhaust manifolds.

3.6s are more powerful but commonly have issues with the lifters/rockers and leaking oil coolers. Earlier ones had a valve seat issue with the cyl head.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom