Inaugural Trail

JOHN73738

Today I finally got my new Rubicon dirty. I will preface this with the fact this was nothing near the capabilities of my jeep, it was a good start.

20160719_114822.jpg

Only went about a mile past the first stop. Was by myself and did not want to push my luck as I know this trail can get a little more than newcomer technical.

20160719_121142.jpg

20160719_121153.jpg

20160719_122113.jpg

This was pretty much the toughest part I encountered. Not a problem, Will take the wife to the Bridge Mountain trail head soon.

Did find a rattle in the rock sliders. Was hoping to keep the factory rock guards on with the Rugged Ridge RRC sliders. No such luck.

Will post pics of that trip too.

Cheers from Vegas.

Modit

Oh I'm jealous! Wheeling in a weekday!
Did you make it up to the picnic table where that huge pine tree is?

JOHN73738

Oh I'm jealous! Wheeling in a weekday!
Did you make it up to the picnic table where that huge pine tree is?

No unfortunately not. I was under a time crunch, and as a newbie I was a little apprehensive wheeling alone.

Was fun none the less, heading to Wheeler pass next week.

Modit

No unfortunately not. I was under a time crunch, and as a newbie I was a little apprehensive wheeling alone.

I totally get that. The last time I was up there was in my 1999 Grand. I didn't do the whole trail for the same reason. Getting stuck when you're by yourself is no fun.
Dying to get the Rubi up there sometime soon.

bonedaddy

one of the times I was at my local 4Wheel Parts there was a guy there with his set up like yours, with the rubi rails and Rock sliders/guards/steps (whatever they say they are) - he said he did the 1" or 1.25" body life and it cleared with non issue... just passing along some info, thats what the guy said anyways and I saw the JK with them on...

and any bit of off-roading is 100 times better than any on-roading... thats for sure...

Jimmypaget

DAAHHHHH!! I wanna go! Seriously haven't taken the jeep out since the 4th and it was about 1 mile down a dirt road! :grayno:

Jimmypaget

Today I finally got my new Rubicon dirty. I will preface this with the fact this was nothing near the capabilities of my jeep, it was a good start.

View attachment 213683

Only went about a mile past the first stop. Was by myself and did not want to push my luck as I know this trail can get a little more than newcomer technical.

View attachment 213685

View attachment 213686

View attachment 213687

This was pretty much the toughest part I encountered. Not a problem, Will take the wife to the Bridge Mountain trail head soon.

Did find a rattle in the rock sliders. Was hoping to keep the factory rock guards on with the Rugged Ridge RRC sliders. No such luck.

Will post pics of that trip too.

Cheers from Vegas.

There is a run planned for this weekend that's very stock friendly. Down a area called Harris Springs Road. Let me know if you would like to join!

JOHN73738

There is a run planned for this weekend that's very stock friendly. Down a area called Harris Springs Road. Let me know if you would like to join!

Sorry was out of town for work and just noticed your reply. I am going to be looking to meet others to go wheeling with.

josh.pierce

The wife and I did rocky gap a couple weeks ago all the way through. Started on the redrock side. Have a stock rubicon except for bumpers. It is passable in a stock rubicon with some spotting and picking the easiest line. The big rock garden on the back side of the mountain was where that was necessary. Definitely intimidating in stock form, got a couple scratches on wheels from bad spotting on my part. Dragged the rear diff in a couple of places, but nothing major. Was a little caught up with it being our 2nd trip out that i forgot to take pictures.

Jimmypaget

The wife and I did rocky gap a couple weeks ago all the way through. Started on the redrock side. Have a stock rubicon except for bumpers. It is passable in a stock rubicon with some spotting and picking the easiest line. The big rock garden on the back side of the mountain was where that was necessary. Definitely intimidating in stock form, got a couple scratches on wheels from bad spotting on my part. Dragged the rear diff in a couple of places, but nothing major. Was a little caught up with it being our 2nd trip out that i forgot to take pictures.

Ah yeah! Get some desert custom wheel paint! Hey if you want hit me up. I'll tag along. I've got a winch and recovery gear if need be!

Top Bottom