In need of tire and wheel help/advice

Holeshot

Banned
I run on 315/70R17 (~35") duratrac's. I installed a 2" coil spacer lift kit from zone offroad which include bump stop extension, with teraflex quick disconnects, kept the original shocks, and got 1.5" roughcountry wheel spacers.

Then trimmed front bumper and fenders, it flexs pretty good for the setup and it's not rubbing anywhere.

attachment.php

attachment.php

StrizzyChris

Then trimmed front bumper and fenders, it flexs pretty good for the setup and it's not rubbing anywhere.

This is the route I personally would go. I would much rather trim my fenders and keep my center of gravity lower! I know some people like the stock fender look being clean and uncut, but know you will require more lift to do this. This in turn raises your COG, and will decrease your handling at higher speeds, also.

Holeshot

Banned
this setup could flex a little more if you get longer shocks.. in my case, I didn't wanted to have to buy longer brake hoses of relocate the original one so I kept the original shocks, the only bad thing about doing this is that I loose a bit of down travel.

gonzo

I run on 315/70R17 (~35") duratrac's. I installed a 2" coil spacer lift kit from zone offroad which include bump stop extension, with teraflex quick disconnects, kept the original shocks, and got 1.5" roughcountry wheel spacers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice Holeshot!!!

Are disconnects needed? like i said, not really planning on taking her off-road (anytime soon)

Holeshot

Banned
Nice Holeshot!!!

Are disconnects needed? like i said, not really planning on taking her off-road (anytime soon)

thanks,

And no, if you're not planning in going offroad, quick disconnects are not necessary as it only gives you a little more flex on the front axle. with this setup you can keep your original links on the street.

Last edited:

ichthus

You don't need new links or quick discos, but I'd recommend replacing the stock links. The cheapest way to do so is to replace them with rear links. Pretty much perfect length, easy swap, and plenty of people will sell cheap or give away when they install lift that requires new rear links.

gonzo

Thanks guys!!! Between here and via pm's i've got a lot of help and info!!!!
Now, i hope i can get this done, and done quick! :thumb:

Top Bottom