I Totally Blew it but Totally Lucked Out!!

Okay, I got one of these.

Back in the mid 80's, on the interstate in my topless, door less CJ7 with it's awesome 4 banger racing a Toyota 4x4 pickup lifted.
Blow by 2 State Troopers and they immediately light up and follow in hot pursuit. I back down and turn on signal to pull over, `Yota runs.
One Trooper pulls behind me, the other takes off after the `Yota.
Trooper comes up all growly voiced with his Smokey hat pulled down low to his sunglasses "WATHEPHUQUTHINKYERDOIN" I hand over license and registration without looking at him.

Asshole starts laughing at me and I look up and it's a buddy from high school. Yup, no ticket.
🤣

Back in the 80s the summer after I turned 16 I was going 70 in a 35 on my way to work at 5:30 am. I was riding my Honda Elite 250, that my grandpa and his machinist buddy modified it to use the drivetrain from a Hawk 400 Hondamatic. I crossed through the intersection with a motorcycle cop stopped at the cross street. As soon as I realized he was a cop I let off the gas, by the time he was pacing me I had slowed to 35. He must have had his radar on because he clocked me at 70. He pulled me over after a couple of more lights, when I took off my helmet he told me that I was too young to legally ride on the road and that 70 was way too fast to be riding anyway. I hand him my license and ask if he thought my scooter could go 70, and questioned if he was sure he got me and not the car headed in the other direction since I was hitting all the green lights, and they were supposedly timed for 35. He handed me my license back and muttered something about he didn't think my scooter could go 70. Had he decided to ticket me I would have lost my license until I was 18, since it was within the first 180 days of my license.

The crappy thing was I got a parking ticket that day while parked at work, even though I had a parking permit. It was not valid until 7 am apparently.

was probably doing 90+ once when I was a kid, speedo didn’t work too good in the old Chevy it just bounced all over at highway speeds.

spotted a CHP a long ways out & realized I was screwed. It was one of the old OJ Simpson Bronco’s, Jeeze it was old even back then.

I just pulled long over before we even passed each other.

After collecting my lic & reg Chippy walks up and says me stopping without making him turn and chase me down saved my hide… I was doing almost 100 & would never get another pass from him.

Last edited:
Nope! Have never lucked out when in similar situations… if there was a cop near by, I got it. I have to say that pulling over and waiting has made the situations better with lesser fines.

Top Bottom