i need help with my roof hoist design

trailraider

i have designed a roof hoist for my hard top, but unfortunately I need help with my blue print.

as you can see the design works in theory, what am I missing? I have the beer so there is no issue there. Jays iphone 005.jpg

CandAMudders

Quite the detailed schematic...I am no engineer but it looks like a very sound plan. What year is that JK in the picture, can't really tell! :cheesy:

i have designed a roof hoist for my hard top, but unfortunately I need help with my blue print.

as you can see the design works in theory, what am I missing? I have the beer so there is no issue there. View attachment 196401

trailraider

Quite the detailed schematic...I am no engineer but it looks like a very sound plan. What year is that JK in the picture, can't really tell! :cheesy:

I tried to do the 2017 model, as there is no confirmed detailed out line. I figured I would speculate to its design.

swampdog

as you can see the design works in theory, what am I missing? I have the beer so there is no issue there. View attachment 196401

Judging by the XXX ok the bottle, it appears your are drinking sasparilla from any old spaghetti western or moonshine from the Hatfield and McCoy's cartoons.

trailraider

Judging by the XXX ok the bottle, it appears your are drinking sasparilla from any old spaghetti western or moonshine from the Hatfield and McCoy's cartoons.

I homebrew , so I use 1 litre jugs as for better open bottle to drinking ratio.this way I am not lying when they ask "how many beer have you had sir"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Your blueprints only show hoist points on the passenger side of the Jeep. So, you may want to add a queen sized mattress on the ground next to the driver's side of the Jeep. That way you can just flip the top over the driver's side of the Jeep and onto the mattress. :beer:

trailraider

Your blueprints only show hoist points on the passenger side of the Jeep. So, you may want to add a queen sized mattress on the ground next to the driver's side of the Jeep. That way you can just flip the top over the driver's side of the Jeep and onto the mattress. :beer:

I never thought of that. that could work.

Ddays

Hooked
Assuming your beer, ink, whiteout and paper last, do you suppose we'll see the prototype at SEMA this year?

Top Bottom