I hate my soft top.

Jeepmed

What is the secret to put the top up by yourself? The problem is pulling the front part all the way to the windshield. Seems like I have to be on both sides of the Jeep at the same time. Any Secrets.

seanb123

I usually stand on the back bumper right in the middle and try and guide it into place by grabbing the middle bar. Then lock It into place.

ChrisMR589

Me too... I can't get mine to attach to the door surrounds. Hopefully someone has some good knowledge for us.

I have a two door so it may be easier, by I push it forward to the top of the roll bar, get it to stay there and then climb in the front seat and pull it forward. Most of the year my hardtop is on tho.

Make sure to let it set in the sun for a couple hours. When I got mine, I set all of the canvas parts on the lawn for a couple hours then installed it all. Once you have everything zipped up, unzip each side of the back window about a foot or so and "un-hitch" the tail gate bar. Then go to the front and clip your front in. If it's too tight still, unzip the back more. Then go back and zip it all up! If you still can't get it you may need to get someone to help, one person push forward on the top back bar of the soft top, and the other inside the jeep pulling/ guiding it onto the bracket hook. Feel free to ask any questions if any part doesn't make sense!

ChrisMR589

My wife bought me the Rampage frameless for Christmas. The guy that she talked to sold her "best top" surrounds. I've never had a soft top so maybe it's user error, but there is a plastic strip that runs along the edges the whole way across the door tops. The instructions say to put the strip in the door surrounds molding but there is no way for it to secure in place. I spent 5 hours outside trying to figure it out. Maybe too many beers...? I'll put pics up later for all to see exactly what I'm speaking of when I refer to the plastic strips on top clipping into door surrounds.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have a 4 door. I catch the locking part of the frame onto the rear most portion of the slider, just to the point it stays put. I then get in the back seat, grab the frame and lock it into the sliders. From there it's just closing the sunrider portion. It took a little practice, but it only takes me a few minutes now to put the top up by myself, including throwing the upper door halves on.

Jeepmed

Thanks. I tried from the rear bumper but couldn't get it upto the latch. Did work better when I had the sun rider open. Just a pia when your short and your Jeep is lifted.

noroad

so unless you use the sun rider top and need to put it up in a hurry i do this.

1 put all the windows on only zipper 8 inches on the side ones.
2 then clip the front in to get a nice even seal with no struggle to clip it down.
3 then i finish the side windows
4 i use one hand to push down on the top of the roof in the center, well the other had slips the corners of the top into the jeep holder.
5 repeat on other side
6 finish back window and clip bar in.

I got mine down to a science.

I throw the whole damn thing toward the front, all the bows and the top with no side windows. (I keep the back on when I drop the top but I unzip it from each side to about 6 inches from the center so I can throw the corner sails up.)

Once the weight gets over the soundbar, it's easy to manipulate each side into the door surrounds and get those latched one at a time because the weight isn't fighting you.

Then I latch the windshield latches.

Then grab the bows and flip the top back on the way to the tailgate.

One hand on the bow at the corner to pull down while tucking the sail in at the corner under the lip. Repeat for the opposite side.

Then I set the rear window bar in place and zip the rear down all the way and tuck in the little flaps.

Last are the left and right windows. Starting with a short zip on top (about 8 inches) I move to tuck in the leading edge then the bottom. Then it's a zip and tuck of the Velcro.

Ten minutes and I'm done- solo.

seanb123

My wife bought me the Rampage frameless for Christmas. The guy that she talked to sold her "best top" surrounds. I've never had a soft top so maybe it's user error, but there is a plastic strip that runs along the edges the whole way across the door tops. The instructions say to put the strip in the door surrounds molding but there is no way for it to secure in place. I spent 5 hours outside trying to figure it out. Maybe too many beers...? I'll put pics up later for all to see exactly what I'm speaking of when I refer to the plastic strips on top clipping into door surrounds.

This might help. I have a Frankenstein top bestop frame with mopar top. I Great deal on the top. It never clicked on the door surrounds cuz there was a lip on them. A sawzaw and 10 minutes and the lips gone and fits perfectly. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428533634.820623.jpg very old picture but you can sit it fits nicely at the top of the door

Top Bottom