I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Congrats, Jeeps look’n great. Nothing better than seeming all that hard work preform out in the field.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Looks like a fun trail.

It is. Mostly hill climbs and one obstacle that people call a waterfall. I think it’s called that only because of the constant trickle coming down.

The vegetation is more pine/fir just in the first few hundred feet. Views are amazing.

Scrap that last idea. I swapped out the Ruffstuff arms for the factory arms and removed the wedges. No trackbar contact, fairly straight springs and pinion angle looks good. The only thing I “lost” in doing this is my axle isn’t centered in the wheel well. I don’t really care about that.

I’m done messing with this.

View attachment 329385

View attachment 329386

View attachment 329387

I’ll be tackling the spark plugs and intake gaskets tomorrow.

I made one last ditch call to Ruffstuff to see if they would do anything to help with these rear control arms last Friday. They shipped me all four bungs so I can shorten the arms, for free. I’m not in a huge hurry to do this, but added it back to my to-do list.

Any day away from the heat is a great day. It’s was 113 on Monday at my house. Great photos I’m tired of seeing desert.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I figured it had to be that hot out there. Try to stay cool!

I love the desert but also need to escape it sometimes. It’s nice to have something very close to home like this.

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

I had antsy passengers but they tolerated my exploring. I found a back way to Redington Pass today via Cascabel, AZ to Redington, AZ.

Woke up to a nearby rig with a Toyota grille and Fab Fours decals. [emoji849]

IMG_8070.jpg

Also nearby was this...but no samples. [emoji22]

IMG_8071.jpg

Temps got up to 109° before the afternoon monsoon showers came in and dropped it to 82°. This KOA closed the pool for the rest of the night due to lightning, which was lame.

Texas Canyon area...

IMG_8072.jpg

The likes of John Wayne, John Ford and Johnny Cash supposedly stayed at this ranch. They have cabin and RV camping with an on site saloon. I may return with my father-in-law in the future.

IMG_8073.jpg

If you zoom in you can see the wall or western bank of the San Pedro River. The pic doesn’t do it justice.

IMG_8076.jpg

Cool scenery along Cascabel Road.

IMG_8077.jpg

Moon over the camper around 5pm

IMG_8080.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

Storms all around this evening, but not close enough to shut down the pool. [emoji2959]

IMG_8082.jpg

Nice pictures! Camping in AZ is so much different than WI; the wide open space and all. Looks like a lot of fun!

Nice pictures! Camping in AZ is so much different than WI; the wide open space and all. Looks like a lot of fun!

Thanks! It’s definitely different and we are ready to upgrade to a travel trailer from our pop up. Our PU does have AC and I put insulation in all of the windows, but that doesn’t really help when it’s over 100° out.

It’s rural here (not Big Bend National Park rural) so it hasn’t surprised me that was my first one spotted. I’m sure around Tucson and Phoenix there are plenty.

It’s rural here (not Big Bend National Park rural) so it hasn’t surprised me that was my first one spotted. I’m sure around Tucson and Phoenix there are plenty.
Yup, I've seen atleast a dozen different ones in the last week or so. They look nice but I can't justify a payment... Paid off is the best kind of vehicle I've ever owned. [emoji39]

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed. After our most recent experience buying a 2 year old vehicle for my wife/family rig, I don’t think I’ll buy new again. We paid about 1/3 of the price for a 2 year old Expedition versus a new one.

On another note, in preparation for my planned PR44 purchase in the next couple months, this is happening for my old assed JKU! [emoji23]

Addressing onboard air, brakes (because PowerStop sucks), and the rear end. I wanted to lock and upgrade axle shafts when I regeared earlier this year. It wasn’t in the cards at the time and I was being impatient.

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

Congrats. That's a good list. Congrats on deciding on a prorock. It's a great peace of mind item when you're out in the middle of nowhere bashing rocks.

Top Bottom