I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

I finally found the bag of hinge bushings I bought awhile ago. I was thinking I could add another set to my DIY trail doors to prevent them cutting into the bushings. I guess I already had that thought because there were two sets in the bag. I plan on repainting the trail doors white very soon. The only complaint I and others have had are on hot summer days. The black turns them into burn hazards, of course. So I’ll install the other set, upside down, in the trail doors after the color change.

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7712.jpg

Here’s part 1 of probably 2 from the most recent trail. There were several GoPro files that came up as corrupted and no matter which of the three editing programs I have were used, most of the audio was out of sync. Add in the inexperienced YJ driver, and it was kind of a hot mess. Anyway, here it is...

https://youtu.be/CpSUO1SVGy4

Part 2! The third and final part from this outing should be uploaded in a few days.

I should note the forecast was for sunny and 86°. It bounced between 98-100° all day. It’s been exceptionally wet and this area is surrounded by farm and ranch lands. The flies and yellow jackets were thick! The heat also caused some issues with my GoPro so you may notice some screen ratio changes as we used another camera also.

https://youtu.be/jsualqcMqP4

I’m really liking the YJ!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The driver of the YJ is a great sport, most of the time. He did get a little frustrated on this run, but he’s determined to wheel it! It is a pretty nice YJ considering he recently picked it up. He’s in the process of building a 14 bolt rear end and hunting for a replacement front axle. Anyway, I hope to have part 3 done over the next week, but have a full schedule.

Pretty successful day despite everything else, non-Jeep related, that was going on. I woke up to my wife telling me there was a 100+ year old upright grand piano, for free, in Bisbee. Called the owner, got the trailer ready and called in reinforcements. Got it picked up and put in place at home. Brownie points earned with my darling wife and my 11 year-old daughter. Then it was off to the baseball field. After that, back home to do some painting and service the John Deere D160.

IMG_7748.jpg

I planned on installing the Frankenstein 4” lift tomorrow, but I had some daylight and motivation, so I dove in. The front is mostly done. 4” Currie Rock Jock springs, Ruffstuff draglink flip and shock extensions installed. I still need to cut the OE trackbar bracket off and weld the new one on, align, adjust my sway bar links, torque and re-aim headlights. I’ll tackle the rear first, then get all that other stuff done after. I’ll also need to flex it out to check for bumpstop needs and if anything is stretched to far or binding, of course.

Spider in launch mode! [emoji23]

IMG_7754.jpg

I realized two things after I had the front back on the ground. 1) I inadvertently left the .75” spacer in, resulting in a measured height of 23.25”, or 4.75” over stock and 2) I should have done the spark plugs first! Now I’ll need a bigger step ladder to reach! [emoji1787]

I actually like the look of the front, A LOT! I can’t wait to see it on the ground with the rear springs installed! [emoji1303]

Top Bottom