I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

USMC Wrangler

Just a few updates...

Those led front turn signals are still working flawlessly even without the resistors. I have no idea why, but so far so good.

That windshield banner lasted until Wednesday. Between the bubbles and it taking more effort to scrub bugs, I'm happy to be rid of it. I'm pretty OCD about a clean windshield, so I will keep it this way for the foreseeable future.

This is the longest I've run my tube doors, nearly a week. I've really got the mirrors dialed in now and even added some round blind spot mirrors. I still have the rear passenger door rattle and have made all the adjustments possible to the latch. I plan on picking up some rubber stoppers of some sort to try and eliminate that. Otherwise, I'm still very happy with them!

USMC Wrangler

Another little update...

I submitted some pics of Spider last month for a semi-local shop's contest. I won a $50 gift certificate! (I can count on one hand how many contests I've actually won in my life, and this is #3. I've never even won $1 on scratch off lottery tickets, so this was a nice surprise!)

I'm putting that towards the RH4x4 c-pillar kit. I can't swing a full cage right now, so this will be added peace of mind and checking off something from my ever changing to-do list. Pics to follow...

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Another little update...

I submitted some pics of Spider last month for a semi-local shop's contest. I won a $50 gift certificate! (I can count on one hand how many contests I've actually won in my life, and this is #3. I've never even won $1 on scratch off lottery tickets, so this was a nice surprise!)

I'm putting that towards the RH4x4 c-pillar kit. I can't swing a full cage right now, so this will be added peace of mind and checking off something from my ever changing to-do list. Pics to follow...

Congrats on the win!
I never win any of those either
Like I tell my kids
"Winner at games, Loser at life"

Can't wait to see the c-pillar installed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Thanks! I like your quote. I've heard one similar, but I dig the powerful simplicity of it!

I'm looking forward to that install too!

USMC Wrangler

I'm glad I haven't had to make payment on those c-pillars yet. I ordered on May 22nd and was never given a final price. I followed up on May 25th and was told the following, "I will. Still haven't received the final invoice from Rock Hard." I'm pretty patient as far as receiving ordered items, but the customer service at this "shop" is underwhelming so far.

I put the factory doors back on this week with some random storms coming through. The factory bushings have taken a beating. They were pretty chewed up from test fitting my diy doors and have gotten worse the past two years. So, these are on the way...

IMG_3360.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Rock Hard ships fast. Hope that shop isn't giving you the run around. Heard good things about the delrin liners, hope they work for you.

USMC Wrangler

Rock Hard ships fast. Hope that shop isn't giving you the run around. Heard good things about the delrin liners, hope they work for you.

Yeah, I'm worried about the shop. RH4x4 was lightning fast when I bought from them directly before. I'm out $0 if it is as bad as it seems. I was just hopeful this semi-local shop could be a good thing for me. I'll report back when/if I hear more.

Edit: For clarity sake, this shop is a single man operation. My point? I can't go above his head to get an answer. Fingers crossed it works out well and he's swamped with work.

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Update from my last post. The c-pillar kit arrived today at the shop. I plan to pick it up next week when I'm nearby that shop.

My family and I spent the day out, seeing a movie, grabbing lunch then making the 12 mile round trip up Carr Canyon Road.

4.5 miles in we encounter a couple of gentlemen with a flat right front tire, with two sidewall cuts, facing uphill. The below picture doesn't do the slope justice. At first they just asked for a flashlight to see well enough to lower their spare. I was able to help get that down. They were insistent that they could handle the job from there and I'm stubborn sometimes. I stuck around to find out their factory jack was too tall due to the terrain. I was able to use my bottle jack on the frame just behind the front bumper to get enough clearance for the factory jack further back. The back tires were chocked with rocks but once that front end started coming up, the truck wanted to slide. I happily turned Spider around and used my winch for the first time, anchoring the F150 without an issue.

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

We got the tire changed without any further problems. The very thankful gentlemen decided that was enough for them, but we continued up to the top.

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

Spider doing a celebratory poser flex after using the winch for the first time...

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

Looking up towards Miller Peak

IMG_3454.jpg

We love the fact this is so close to home and are always in awe of the view. There are plenty of switchbacks along this very mild dirt road. They really help everyone get a great view!

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

We managed to see a herd of deer and one bobcat. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to get photos of either.

I hope you enjoy the pics as much as we did taking them!

USMC Wrangler

After running the tube doors for nearly a month and our trip up Carr canyon the other day, Spider needed a bath. While I was at it, I finally found a spot to reinstall the Amazon cube LED's.

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

aTX427

I didn't go through all 78 pages, but it looks like this project took on a life of its own and you are hooked - congratulations.

USMC Wrangler

Congrats to you on turning 50K! Although, 91 sounds like a cool day in your neck of the woods :D

Your LED lights look great too :thumb:

Thanks! Yeah, 91 is a very nice day.

I didn't go through all 78 pages, but it looks like this project took on a life of its own and you are hooked - congratulations.

Thanks, you are right! It's been a fun journey with frequent surprises. I've done every bit of work myself. Thanks to WAL, it has made things go very smoothly.

USMC Wrangler

Yesterday, July 9, 2017, was the 4 year anniversary of when I brought Spider home. It's been a great journey so far and I look forward to many more years to come. It's carried my family and I to places we probably wouldn't have gone to without a Jeep and I still look forward to learning/experiencing more in Spider!

July 9, 2013
IMG_2917.JPG

A few weeks later, first trip off road
IMG_3763.JPG

Some random shots

IMG_3764.JPG

IMG_3767.JPG

Gotta love the factory slicks in the mud!

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2359.jpg

Snapshot - 11.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Congrats! Your build thread was one of the early threads I read end-to-end right after joining. I have enjoyed reading about the evolution of Spider!

Top Bottom