I gave up figthing

n3rdaaron

Hello everyone!

For most of my life Ive had Toyotas and they haven’t let me down. I had a decently built 2nd gen Taco that was swapped for a TRD Off-road 4Runner. My wife and I realized we needed a truck again, so I grabbed a TRD Tacoma. We loved it. Added a full Dobinson lift with 33s.
After that we had our daughter, and Tacomas aren’t know for the back seat space.

We then moved on to a Power Wagon. Something that was plenty big enough for everything, plenty of power, and didn’t need any work done.

Well, that didn’t work out. Had the truck for seven months and it started finding its way to the dealership more than we felt was comfortable. First was the exhaust broke at the cats, which is nuts. Second was the phantom battery drain.

We tucked our tails and ran.

SO NOW we have a JL and a JT. It’s exhausting starting and stopping builds…

The JL Rubi currently has an AEV spacer lift with 315 Cooper STT Pros and it may stay that way for a while.

The JT is a Mojave. Part of me wanted a Rubi, but I’m not building the truck for rocks. It’ll be more of a trail/camping vehicle. I have a set of 315 Nitto trails in the garage waiting and an AEV spacer lift (when ever they ship out) paid for.

Robar

The Enforcer
Congrats on both the Jeeps. I'm sure you'll love the Mojave. I do at least. Currently have 3/4" spacer up front and 35" tires.

benatc1

Hooked
Welcome to WAL, congrats on the Jeeps, I have a Mojave, stock suspension and 37x13.5s. think it'll rub some with articulation but nothing on street or fire roads so far. May do a 2.5ift for the fun of it. Your going to love the Mojave though. It's a great truck

n3rdaaron

Welcome and congrats. What colors did you go with?
They're both white... we are trying to be unique...
tempImageyOXKTk.jpg

Some times I want to steal the wife's Rubi.

Totally off subject, does anyone make a helical for the front d44? I did a quick search and wasn't really coming back with anything quick.

Last edited:

n3rdaaron

Current Plans:
  • AEV Mojave Spacer Lift (ordered, but no clue when it'll show up)
  • Nitto Trails 315s (In the garage)
  • ARE Shell (quote requested)
  • UV tint (Thursday)
  • Line-X (Tuesday)
  • Mopar Rubicon Stubby with Warn Xeon (probably a 10k)
Im hoping to drive it like this for while but my wife keeps telling me Im not going to be happy with the 315s. She says that Ill end up on 40s before I stop.

Ive thought about putting a Decked system in the back, but due to the size of the bed, I think I would regret it. Ill probably find some storage containers to keep my recovery gear in. Maybe do a CargoGlide (just wish they weren't so expensive for what they are).

Robar

The Enforcer
Current Plans:
  • AEV Mojave Spacer Lift (ordered, but no clue when it'll show up)
  • Nitto Trails 315s (In the garage)
  • ARE Shell (quote requested)
  • UV tint (Thursday)
  • Line-X (Tuesday)
  • Mopar Rubicon Stubby with Warn Xeon (probably a 10k)
Im hoping to drive it like this for while but my wife keeps telling me Im not going to be happy with the 315s. She says that Ill end up on 40s before I stop.

Ive thought about putting a Decked system in the back, but due to the size of the bed, I think I would regret it. Ill probably find some storage containers to keep my recovery gear in. Maybe do a CargoGlide (just wish they weren't so expensive for what they are).
If available look into the ceramic tint. I put it on my Mojave and it keeps the heat out way better than other tint films I've had.

n3rdaaron

If available look into the ceramic tint. I put it on my Mojave and it keeps the heat out way better than other tint films I've had.
That’s what I always use. I’ll probably get something light like 50% around the back, and in the front window, and then legal on the front two sides. I started doing the front window two vehicles ago. A ton of heat comes through there.

Top Bottom