I finally did it!!!

I've been a huge fan of this forum and the Wayalife family for a long time and we finally did it. We got a 2018 JLU Sport S!!! Hardtop, auto, 24s package, and technology package. Black top and fender flares.

The redesign was friendly enough to accommodate my son's car seat and to allow us to get him in and out and allow leg room for him. He is 5 and does not crawl, stand, walk, or talk. So he's 100% dependent on my wife and I.

This was supposed to be for me but my wife has fallen in love with it and taking more than I have. We will do a few things but with our son a lift really isn't an option so I'll be watching for Rubicon take offs and we'll see what else in the future. Proud to say we're officially part of the family! Now I have to ceramic coat the paint, trim and wheels. Then of course, find a name for her! View attachment 300639 View attachment 300640 View attachment 300641

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I just put on my lift and set of slightly used 33s last weekend... was an all weekend, but fun project. Except those front coils - those, not so fun. Lol

Big improvement, so I'm happy for now... but already counting the days until I can afford a regear and 35s [emoji6] 20180502_195443.jpg 20180430_184435.jpg 20170611_185412.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Supercharged

Congrats! That's awesome. I remember 6 years ago when I brought home my new JK. It's a great feeling! If you're not familiar with them, check out the Chemical guys for your ceramic coating. They make tons of detail products and I've had good luck with the polishes I've used.
Thanks bro, I appreciate it!!! Detailing cars is how I'm going to be making the payments. I use a lot of different products including Honeydew snowfoam. I also use a number of products from other companies. While I don't sell any of them I don't want to rattle off a bunch of company names without getting the ok from Eddie or Cindy.

I do interiors, exteriors, paint correction, ceramic coatings, scratch and paint transfer repairs. Mostly minivans and Acadias with some sports cars and a big truck here and there.

Supercharged

Here is a picture of our son in my Jeep. He always keeps his legs stiff because of the CP and there isn't enough room for his legs to be straight. View attachment 300660

Sent from my E6790TM using Tapatalk
He's a peanut and adorable! I don't have any pics of Tommy in the Jeep yet, we put it in for the test drive but haven't put it back in since we went back for delivery on Saturday.

Supercharged

So AWESOME!! Congrats to you :thumb:
Thank you! I fell in love years ago watching videos of your adventures on YouTube and wanted one ever since. Already driving my wife nuts with ideas to modify it. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Supercharged

I just put on my lift and set of slightly used 33s last weekend... was an all weekend, but fun project. Except those front coils - those, not so fun. Lol

Big improvement, so I'm happy for now... but already counting the days until I can afford a regear and 35s [emoji6] View attachment 300662 View attachment 300663 View attachment 300664

Looking great!!! What are you using to hoist your hardtop? I'm looking at one for $140 range currently.

Supercharged

Congrats!

My only regret so far is that I didn't get a Jeep years ago. Just got mine last year, when I turned 36, and it's still not actually new... it's an 09 and had 94k miles, I make about 40k a year more than I have the last 15 years, and it was still barely in my budget at around $18,000. Man, do these things hold their value! Lol 🤣 View attachment 300661

I hear ya, I'll be 43 this year and my first Jeep. I'm doing a side hustle to make the payments outside of the regular job. Definitely not cheap!

Looking great!!! What are you using to hoist your hardtop? I'm looking at one for $140 range currently.

Made my own hoist system, actually. I store the soft top/other jeep stuff on top [emoji16]

Probably would have been cheaper to buy one if we didn't already have most of the materials and tools needed. I am probably going to swap manual winch out for electric soon, but it's worked out just fine for the last year as is. 20170514_130526.jpg 20170513_212328.jpg 20170513_223141.jpg 20170513_221612.jpg 20170513_212334.jpg

Tell me about it...

Other day, my husband was like "you know, I'm trying to be really cool about this whole Jeep mod thing, but..." [emoji23]
Thank you! I fell in love years ago watching videos of your adventures on YouTube and wanted one ever since. Already driving my wife nuts with ideas to modify it. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

JJP

Grats

I've been a huge fan of this forum and the Wayalife family for a long time and we finally did it. We got a 2018 JLU Sport S!!! Hardtop, auto, 24s package, and technology package. Black top and fender flares.

The redesign was friendly enough to accommodate my son's car seat and to allow us to get him in and out and allow leg room for him. He is 5 and does not crawl, stand, walk, or talk. So he's 100% dependent on my wife and I.

This was supposed to be for me but my wife has fallen in love with it and taking more than I have. We will do a few things but with our son a lift really isn't an option so I'll be watching for Rubicon take offs and we'll see what else in the future. Proud to say we're officially part of the family! Now I have to ceramic coat the paint, trim and wheels. Then of course, find a name for her! View attachment 300639 View attachment 300640 View attachment 300641

So happy for you. Nice!

Top Bottom