I feel so superior without even trying.

Brute

Hooked
Weight was a concern for me when building my JK6, and my recent mods to Brute, hence why I went with aluminum front and rear bumpers...but I choose custom steel frame mounted sliders since these take the most abuse...and experience shows that I chose correctly...

Brute

Hooked
Weight was a concern for me when building my JK6, and my recent mods to Brute, hence why I went with aluminum front and rear bumpers...but I choose custom steel frame mounted sliders since these take the most abuse...and experience shows that I chose correctly...

Brute

Hooked

Wait...that was redundant...

Twist

I envy you! Love the Brute look and it's capabilities. I've been researching a bit more on the Destroyers and thinking your right, at least about them. Their mounting points are as I said, (stout as hell) but the sliding edge doesnt appear to be up to even a moderate blast unless you think 10 gauge will do. I'm thinking not. You might be onto something. Go stout there and go light elsewhere. So when in doubt go stout. lol

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I envy you! Love the Brute look and it's capabilities. I've been researching a bit more on the Destroyers and thinking your right, at least about them. Their mounting points are as I said, (stout as hell) but the sliding edge doesnt appear to be up to even a moderate blast unless you think 10 gauge will do. I'm thinking not. You might be onto something. Go stout there and go light elsewhere. So when in doubt go stout. lol

I’m on the same page as Brute; save weight on bumpers but go as rigid as possible with sliders. If not for dropping off ledgers, then for all the distracted drivers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I installed my Steel EVO sliders (welded to the Frame) an inch away from the body.... while resting on a Boulder, the rear end of the slider flexed an 1/8” away from the rocker panel. It actually bent the pinch seam a little.... The slider is now permanently 1/2” away in that area.. had that been aluminum or a bolt on slider... there would have been damage for sure.

A.J.

I just put 35's (315/70/17) KO2's on and have been pondering my next move.

Unlike many I am not going to hard core this thing. I'm not going to seek out crazy trails just to conquer them, but I do want to be set up well enough that if I come a crossed some nastys I'll be able to do it. My goal is to keep this jeep as fun to drive on the road as it is stock. I think it's a blast now so it's important to me especially since my objective is a trip to Alaska with my son.

I dont want to bog down the motor with super heavy trail armor so lightweight but effective is key.

I think my next move is Rocker Panel protection. It has the stock rock rails and they are pretty good for what they are but I want a step, protection from crap coming off the tires and yes big errant rocks, door dings in parking lots along with a possible hit in the garage from my wife's car. :D I know it's a jeep but I'll take trail damage all day long rather then someone not thinking. lol

I like LOD hard core rockers but, well they're hard core and HEAVY vs their other model which isnt as good but reasonably stout. The video below is for a JK but they do have it for the JL. According to what I read it's 100lbs vs 60 pounds. So big difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woSitNtzJ3U

Let me know what you think.

After that, I'm not sure of the order but pretty much the normal stuff. Bumpers, skid, moderate lift of some sort. All with weight in mind. I've been looking at some alum bumpers and skids. I know they are expensive but I really dont care if it can achieve my objective.

So after all that we come back to the beginning. Pretty much nobody has any experience with those particular sliders. LOD is a reputable company and builds good stuff. The forklift video is not very real world and could be misleading. General consensus is to buy heavy duty sliders especially on a 4 door because they are potentially going to take big hits even on easy little trails like Rubicon. Frame mounted/welded are the strongest. Save weight elsewhere.

fiend

Caught the Bug
So after all that we come back to the beginning. Pretty much nobody has any experience with those particular sliders. LOD is a reputable company and builds good stuff. The forklift video is not very real world and could be misleading. General consensus is to buy heavy duty sliders especially on a 4 door because they are potentially going to take big hits even on easy little trails like Rubicon. Frame mounted/welded are the strongest. Save weight elsewhere.

Cliffs Notes version of an otherwise pretty pointless thread. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just noticed, someone on the sister site has installed the destroyer sliders... guess he should’ve asked over there lol

Twist

Good post. I did even more research since no one knows about these things other then LOD is pretty good. but their website could use some editing.

The signature series Rocker is not the 100lbs listed weight on the website nor is the Destroyer 60lbs. That's a 40% weight difference and caught my eye especially with their reputation, and the say what you want about the video, that is still reasonably impressive considering the stock ruby rockers take a good whack but I would never do that test with them. lol.

The real world numbers for the Destroyer is 102lbs (per LOD), the brackets mount to the frame exactly the same as the signature but what's used to get there is stouter then the destroyer. The destroyer has more ground clearance then the signature. Cool. As mentioned the slider material is 10 gauge, that's roughly 9/64's or a little more than 1/8 if my calc's are right, not too too bad. If a big enough hit happens it will likely bend but it should take some punishment.

The real world numbers for the signature series are 132lbs and are considered more for hard core guys.

While I think the destroyer is probably a better choice for me, at 30lbs more which works out to just a 22% difference between the too models, just not enough to go there. IF I go LOD it is a better choice. At 40% difference it's not so clear, but it's not so there ya go.

Last edited:

boardsurfer

Good post. I did even more research since no one knows about these things other then LOD is pretty good. but their website could use some editing.

The signature series Rocker is not the 100lbs listed weight on the website nor is the Destroyer 60lbs. That's a 40% weight difference and caught my eye especially with their rep and the say what you want about the video that is still reasonable impressive considering the stock ruby rockers take a good whack but I would never do that test with them. lol.

The real world numbers for the Destroyer is 102lbs (per LOD), the brackets mount to the frame exactly the same as the signature but what's used to get there is stouter then the destroyer. The destroyer has more ground clearance then the signature. Cool. As mentioned the slider material is 10 gauge, that's roughly 9/64's or a little more than 1/8 if my calc's are right, not too too bad. If a big enough hit happens it will likely bend but it should take some punishment.

The real world numbers for the signature series are 132lbs and are considered more for hard core guys.

While I think the destroyer is probably a better choice for me, at 30lbs more which works out to just a 22% difference between the too models, just not enough to go there. IF I go LOD it is a better choice. At 40% difference it's not so clear, but it's not so there ya go.

Jesus Christ, dude.

I dub thee, King Web Wheeler.

Twist

Just noticed, someone on the sister site has installed the destroyer sliders... guess he should’ve asked over there lol
No kidding! Way more knowledgeable and can actually put words together that dont add up to 4 and not many memes either. Then again where would I look so good comparatively speaking. :D I love you guys, dont ever stop being you! :clap2:

Top Bottom