I couldn't stay jeepless

Nice. Mines an 07 as well. Perhaps it’s a sign. Colorado Springs isn’t too far from me. What the hell would I do with the rest of the Jeep after taking the engine out? Any damage to the engine from the wreck? (I’m too lazy to look back through the thread lol).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Power steering pump pulley was broke and the cooling fan was broke. I could see where the fan hit the radiator but it never leaked any fluid. Engine and trans all looked fine. Seats and dash were all in good shape if you wanted to part it out. If you get it I would be happy to help get everything swapped over.

Edit: I did keep the Adams drive shafts so that would be an expense. Yokes are all there for 1350's though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man.... this is tempting. I went ahead and registered with Copart. Probably make a bid, v8 is definitely on my mod list. This might be the way to go if price is right. Thanks for the offer to help out. Congrats on your new Rubi by the way. Looks sweet.

Man.... this is tempting. I went ahead and registered with Copart. Probably make a bid, v8 is definitely on my mod list. This might be the way to go if price is right. Thanks for the offer to help out. Congrats on your new Rubi by the way. Looks sweet.

The engine has about 100,000 on it. I rebuilt the entire top end before I put it in. Bottom end looked good. It has an oil leak somewhere, I think it may be rear main. It sat for several months between rebuild and install so I'm thinking it dried out and started leaking when I got the engine in and running.

The engine has about 100,000 on it. I rebuilt the entire top end before I put it in. Bottom end looked good. It has an oil leak somewhere, I think it may be rear main. It sat for several months between rebuild and install so I'm thinking it dried out and started leaking when I got the engine in and running.

Good to know. Thanks for the transparency.

Such a miserable little project.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I only had one body side hinge shift. For the rest of them I got a chisel and fold them in from the top. Only took me about an hour all together. One thing that really saved time was using a wire brush for a 20ga. Shotgun in the drill to clean out the body side hinges.

I only had one body side hinge shift. For the rest of them I got a chisel and fold them in from the top. Only took me about an hour all together. One thing that really saved time was using a wire brush for a 20ga. Shotgun in the drill to clean out the body side hinges.

That’s a good idea on the 20ga brush!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I've tried to use that piece of emery cloth they send but that is such a hokey way to try and clean those hinge barrels out. This is the first time I've been able to push almost all the new bushings in by hand. Had to tap down one but it worked really well.

Got some more time to mess with the body work. Wiped it with some body filler and sprayed it with primer. It's not perfect but looks better than it did. My wife was a little upset when I told her I was bolting the Evo corners over the top of it.IMG_20200601_191820.jpgIMG_20200601_191827.jpgIMG_20200601_213820.jpg

Were you able to save the corners from your last ride? Nice.
Yea. I stripped everything I could off of the old jeep. Corners, reverse lights, floor mats, grab handles, rubi sway bar, Evo rear shackles mounts, hood latches, drive shafts. Anything bolted on was taken back. The only thing I left were the bump stop extensions because I didn't want to pull the springs to get them back. It worked out alright.

Started punching holes and cutting last night for the rear corners. Also pulled the rear bumper. I think I'm going to throw the shackle mounts in right away while I'm back there.IMG_20200605_084907.jpgIMG_20200605_084916.jpgIMG_20200605_084931.jpg

Seems to me you would want the moisture to drain out there as engineered, as opposed to being trapped in there by that foam.
That's what kills me. They made a pile of spray foam, then poked a hole through nearly at the top so it could still get water in, but it would just hold it all rather than draining.

Top Bottom