Hydro Steering Assist

Yeah, that makes sense and this could be the case - here is where my reservoir is mounted. (disregard the red arrows - they don't mean anything in this context) There is little airflow around it. In fact, there is none. I was extremely conscientious of all of the fluid levels on my trip so I know that wasn't an issue. In fact I had to wait til evening to even be able to touch the reservoir cap to check the level. In my particular situation I think the cooler makes sense. With the reservoir mounted somewhere that is exposed to some airflow I would think maybe you wouldn't need one.

Thanks for doing that research!

View attachment 221490

Question,

That appears to be the stock air box with use of the PSC reservoir. What did you have to modify to make it fit and not use an aftermarket CAI? I was under the impression that the 3.6 oem air intake wouldn't work with the PSC pump/reservoir kit.

Thanks

Question,

That appears to be the stock air box with use of the PSC reservoir. What did you have to modify to make it fit and not use an aftermarket CAI? I was under the impression that the 3.6 oem air intake wouldn't work with the PSC pump/reservoir kit.

Thanks

It is the stock box. No cuts made. Its wedged in there for sure. The intake is not able to be fastened to the rad all that great (That's what the red arrows were referring to) but its not goin anywhere and I can still get the air filter in and out without too much cussing. I really didn't want to use a CAI after hearing all of the issues they can cause.

I just had mine installed before hitting the Rubicon this past week. Like everyone said, Game changer! Why did I wait so long for this!? You will love both the on road and off road.

I just had mine installed before hitting the Rubicon this past week. Like everyone said, Game changer! Why did I wait so long for this!? You will love both the on road and off road.

No more bending the Drag Links again. [emoji23]

Didn't I tell you that before?

Either way, welcome to the "steering everywhere with 2 fingers" club. Congratulations!!

Did you run a cooler with it and do you think it was needed (cooler) for the Rubicon? I just made the run last weekend too. Steering was a bitch at time and is the reason I am upgrading.

Did you run a cooler with it and do you think it was needed (cooler) for the Rubicon? I just made the run last weekend too. Steering was a bitch at time and is the reason I am upgrading.

No I did not run a cooler nor did I feel that I needed one that I know of. Of course I don't know what it's like with a cooler. But the hydro assist made it so much easier. And I didn't bend another drag link! You will not be disappointed if you get it with or without the cooler. You can always add one later if you feel you really need it.

Top Bottom