Hurricane Ian

Jsouder53

Hooked
I will be praying that everyone on the gulf coast of Florida will be safe during this hurricane. My parents and brother live in Sarasota and that’s where I was raised. Besides Hurricane Irma, there has not been a scare like this storm in that area in decades.

I should also note, they have had a ton of rain this summer and the ground is already soaked… which means lots of flooding.

Attachments

• E2CEC0A2-AAFD-4B19-BFD3-DD41FBBC1F0A.png
    E2CEC0A2-AAFD-4B19-BFD3-DD41FBBC1F0A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Sgt_USMC

It’s no joke for sure! I hope they are ok and make it with as little of no damage to their house! We were concerned about it being another Ivan for us just east of Pensacola.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It’s no joke for sure! I hope they are ok and make it with as little of no damage to their house! We were concerned about it being another Ivan for us just east of Pensacola.
Lol you did all that prepping and in Pensacola? Is it even supposed to rain there?

32338C1A-392A-4F94-96BE-341CD4DE60A7.png

Sgt_USMC

The news wasn’t sure if it was going to hit the panhandle or down south more. The two major models were at odds. One said it was going to nail us head on, the other said Tampa. I figured better safe to just secure everything instead of getting hit and not be ready.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thank you! Ivan was terrible, I don’t blame you for prepping just in case. That year in general was terrible for hurricanes in Florida. I was 13 and remember working with my dad for at least a year in Arcadia doing a ton of aluminum work. Pool cages were ripped from pool decks and thrown a few houses down because of Charley.

Sgt_USMC

I will admit this season hasn’t been bad. Only what, 4 named storms? I was out here in 2020 helping my parents do repairs after Sally. The winds tore up their fences and blew down a tree in their yard.

Jsouder53

Hooked
My mom had to evacuate last night. She is in Cape Coral and farther inland but with all the rain they have been getting the ground is soaked.
I sure hope she will be be okay and her house. Seems that the storm shifted more to her direction.

Top Bottom