Humbug or Christmas Miracle?

303Nubbins

Dropped the JK off at the dealer to have them check out what looked like a rear main leak and asked them to dig into the annoying lifter knock....the 3.8 was burning about a quart of oil every 4-5 weeks.....seriously considered buying the sticker/decal that says it’s a hybrid....burns oil and gas.....

After two days the dealer finally called me.....diagnosis.....it needs a new long block.....

Bonus for me....when I bought it last year, I bought the Autonation Engine Warranty.....now just waiting to see if the program will honor the warranty....Service Manager says should be no problem, just time to get the paperwork approved....

Mixed feelings....Humbug or Christmas Miracle?

I wouldn’t call it a humbug. A new engine under warranty is always better than a patch job.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A Christmas miracle would be if they said "Your engine shit the bed, we're sending it to Bubba at Exodus for a Hellcat upgrade". ��������
Being that you're still getting a 3.8 block, what it is a great surprise stocking stuffer ;) ��

I consider it a Christmas stocking stuffer! If it’s a factory fresh long block then that’s great but if it’s a junkyard block then it might be a humbug

The second thing I did, after learning the news of needing a new long block was to check to see the price difference between the 3.8 and 5.7 Hemi.......if it wasnt covered under warranty, that would be the route I take.

A Hellcat would be amazing, sadly, not in the budget, even with the offset of the 3.8. I need to buy more scratch tickets :hmm:

But, after sleeping on it....I agree....no Humbug. New engine :clap2:

The second thing I did, after learning the news of needing a new long block was to check to see the price difference between the 3.8 and 5.7 Hemi.......if it wasnt covered under warranty, that would be the route I take.

A Hellcat would be amazing, sadly, not in the budget, even with the offset of the 3.8. I need to buy more scratch tickets :hmm:

But, after sleeping on it....I agree....no Humbug. New engine :clap2:

New engine is not humbug...and Hellcats are over rated...

Top Bottom