How to set caster, aftermarket axle

deezus

My buddies set up is 6" lift bds long arm, 37s,and teraflex 44s front and back. The front axle gives you 10 degrees of caster as i understand it. How would we go about setting that? Drive shaft at stock 1.8 and 8.2 of caster? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
10 seems like a lot, but I'm not familiar with that product. Bottom line, if the front driveshaft has a double-carden joint at the transfer case, you want the pinion angle and driveline angle to be parallel. In other words, pinion angle pointed right inline with the front drive shaft. Then check where your caster is as. Likely, anything over 6 will be good. If you're lower than that, you can try to adjust pinion angle lower to acheive more caster, but could introduce some driveline vibrations. Also, as much as high caster creates less wondering, it can create a snappy feeling where steering wheel returns to center very quickly.

J

JKDream

10 seems like a lot, but I'm not familiar with that product. Bottom line, if the front driveshaft has a double-carden joint at the transfer case, you want the pinion angle and driveline angle to be parallel. In other words, pinion angle pointed right inline with the front drive shaft. Then check where your caster is as. Likely, anything over 6 will be good. If you're lower than that, you can try to adjust pinion angle lower to acheive more caster, but could introduce some driveline vibrations. Also, as much as high caster creates less wondering, it can create a snappy feeling where steering wheel returns to center very quickly.

8+ is a bit high as well, I was having some weird driving issues until I dialed it back to 6 on my PR44.
If you go too high on the caster you can induce a bit of a wobble and bump steer as well.

Top Bottom