How to get your spare tire and carrier off the jeep the easy way.

David1tontj

So... Like 6 months ago I had back surgery, and since then, I have to be a little more creative wen it comes to heavy objects. Here is my latest solution

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399743403.278846.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399743416.107669.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399743429.885451.jpg

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Rccrwlr

You could actually do this just to change a flat. Just need to go to the Home Depot and pick up a Sky Hook. I think they were on sale when I went last!

--rccrwlr

David1tontj

You could actually do this just to change a flat. Just need to go to the Home Depot and pick up a Sky Hook. I think they were on sale when I went last!

--rccrwlr

Sky hook?

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Rccrwlr

Ya a Sky Hook. The Boy Scouts invented them but now they sell them at pretty much all hardware stores. At the big box stores it's probably best you ask for help finding them.

--rccrwlr

David1tontj

Ya a Sky Hook. The Boy Scouts invented them but now they sell them at pretty much all hardware stores. At the big box stores it's probably best you ask for help finding them.

--rccrwlr

Yeah right I'm asking about a skyhook. Last time I saw one was in the batman movie.

Although I swear that a Home Depot employee would say that they normally have it but it's just a seasonal item!

Rccrwlr

Yeah right I'm asking about a skyhook. Last time I saw one was in the batman movie.

Although I swear that a Home Depot employee would say that they normally have it but it's just a seasonal item!

Ya they probably would. Thought I had you going for a minute. Nice rig and I like the small winch in the back. There has got to be a 100 and 1 uses for it and you may have found 102!

--rccrwlr

David1tontj

Ya they probably would. Thought I had you going for a minute. Nice rig and I like the small winch in the back. There has got to be a 100 and 1 uses for it and you may have found 102!

--rccrwlr

No joke- I've actually used that winch for more random crap than for actual vehicle recovery! I've pulled a yota out of the snow, slid my rear end sideways, secured my bike rack, pulled down the tongue of my trailer when it came off the hitch, anchored my jeep, pulled up my spare tire, and now I've removed my tire carrier!

Top Bottom