How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank of gas?

JAGS

Hooked
I don't even look at it. When I get low I fill it up. Gotta have it or mine doesn't go!
Plus it supports my industry the less we all get. So we all need to have/get 60s and 40s! [emoji106][emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your company can sponsor my rig. I'll pay for the gas thereafter. Lol.

dillard09

I hear you man, I wasn’t complaining about mpg. Maybe it sounded like I was but I’m more annoy of going to the pump every 4 days. Rather just pay for more gas and 300 miles . But yeah what was I thinking. These are bricks.

To everyone else, thx for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Oh I gotcha! It's not the gas mileage it's the distance you are going on a tank. I hear ya on that. I don't get to go very far between fill ups either. My truck has a 36 gallon tank so I can go along time between fill ups.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Driving purely highway (from NJ to Wyoming that I did just for example), jeep has probably 500lbs in skids, bumpers, armor, etc, fully loaded with gear, 35" tires, 4.10 gears, 2014 Rubi auto JKU, I would do around 250-280 when the gas light came on, maintaining around 75mph, mild hypermiling.

GreggNY

I'm about 250ish with 37s/4.10/6 spd. I had an ecoboost f150 with the 36 gal tank for a bit between this jeep and my last and that would get 700+ miles to a tank. Going back to the jeep feels like I fill up every other day lol. But it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Lol, no it wasn’t a joke. Honestly I wouldn’t mind paying for 25 gallons of gas if I can visit the pump a bit longer in between. I was thinking every car I’ve own in the pass put in a gas tank big enough to get 300 miles or more. Now listening to what you guys get I’m definitely cool with 250 a tank now.

Screenshot_20171011-212502.jpg
I've had my Jeep for a year now. I've got 35's, 4.88 gears, and lots of extras.. this is my all time stats so far

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

I'm about 250ish with 37s/4.10/6 spd. I had an ecoboost f150 with the 36 gal tank for a bit between this jeep and my last and that would get 700+ miles to a tank. Going back to the jeep feels like I fill up every other day lol. But it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive

I hear ya on that. I was getting about 220-230 miles on a tank when going to and from Cali- Colorado. 37s/5.38/3.8 and she is heavy girl.
I have the 17 Raptor and I love it when I fill up and it says 550 miles to E. 👍

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Mine varies around town im getting between 270 an 300 , hit the highway an im 290-330 just depends on how heavy my foot is on any given tank , and like you am on 35's stock gears ,, biggest thing ive noticed is i get better mileage when i get out of Texas for what ever reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
I fill up on the way to work, that way filling up is optional on the way home. :crazyeyes:

jeeeep

Hooked
2010, 3.8L 37's with 4.88 gears - loaded down, I averaged 15.8 mpg on my way home from Longmont Co maintaining 75-80mph

now...I'm usually lucky to get 13-14 mpg doing 65mph. The Dynomax Evo comp muffler has helped, but this last trip I had one hell of a tail wind!

The tail wind was strong enough it felt like it was pushing me up hill lol

This was the 1st trip home (I always take the same route and usually hit a head wind) that I was able to set cruise control on 75mph and make the hill climbs without having to turn off cruise control because it would want to downshift.

There is an ethanol free gas station in Quanah TX that I stop at and fill up (I've gotten pretty good at arriving there close to empty) that tank will get me home with just about 1/4 tank left - when I got home this trip I was above 1/4 tank ..the wind gods were with me :rock:

dillard09

2010, 3.8L 37's with 4.88 gears - loaded down, I averaged 15.8 mpg on my way home from Longmont Co maintaining 75-80mph

now...I'm usually lucky to get 13-14 mpg doing 65mph. The Dynomax Evo comp muffler has helped, but this last trip I had one hell of a tail wind!

The tail wind was strong enough it felt like it was pushing me up hill lol

This was the 1st trip home (I always take the same route and usually hit a head wind) that I was able to set cruise control on 75mph and make the hill climbs without having to turn off cruise control because it would want to downshift.

There is an ethanol free gas station in Quanah TX that I stop at and fill up (I've gotten pretty good at arriving there close to empty) that tank will get me home with just about 1/4 tank left - when I got home this trip I was above 1/4 tank ..the wind gods were with me :rock:
Haha! Quanah, TX. Didn't even know people knew where that was! I've been there a few times. Use to deer hunt just outside of there.

BobNH

I track my mileage more as a joke than anything. I average close to 17mpg, and around 230 miles between fillups. 2008 stock Rubicon with auto trans, 4.10 and some skids. I was also noting the locations some of you are posting from, and can say especially with the 3.8, YMMV depending on home terrain. It is quite a bit of up and down where I live and travel in NH and Vt., with not a lot of flat between climbs.
As to whomever posted the shot of that Fuel Buddy app, holy crap over $4 a gallon?? I pay $2.85 for midgrade around here, and the rest of the math it does I like to run through my head on those long trips lol. I love watching people line up to save .05 per gallon and wait 1/2 hour. less than a dollar saved lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I drive around town mainly and my area is filled with hills so I get about 200 miles per tank. Getting about 12mpg. 3.8, 37’s, and 5.13’s. This is why I got a second car so I could save money for more jeep mods lol

dillard09

Been through it , muleshoe a few times as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nice! A place that i havent thought about in a minute. Been to Muleshoe a time or 2. Had a college friend that was from there. Had to drive across the border to NM because the county Muleshoe is in was a dry county.

I'm looking forward to the day I get 200 miles or less on a tank with them 60s/40s/3.8! 🤘

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The OP said his fuel light comes on about 250-260 miles. The fuel lights in my Jeeps have typically come on with around 40 miles of fuel range left. That gives him about 300 miles of range. That’s not really bad, for his setup.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I drive around town mainly and my area is filled with hills so I get about 200 miles per tank. Getting about 12mpg. 3.8, 37’s, and 5.13’s. This is why I got a second car so I could save money for more jeep mods lol

Man, you give up like 4 gallons of gas capacity in a 2 door, too. It makes a lot of difference. When I drove my 2 door to Colorado, it seemed like all I did was stop for gas!

Top Bottom