How do you interpret these?

WJCO

Meme King
They charged you for a rebalance that should have been free? And they left your tire pressure low.

jeeeep

Hooked
you paid for a free service but you're not dreaming, you're in California... reparations.

2 words, Discount Tire

Seahawkfan

Hooked
you paid for a free service but you're not dreaming, you're in California... reparations.

2 words, Discount Tire
Yup. Discount Tire
Nope thats not it.
Regional names. Discount Tire is known as America's Tire in Northern and Central California, along with the Greater Los Angeles area and the Coachella Valley. In Southern California, this name is used because of the pre-existence of an unrel

Seahawkfan

Hooked
]n I first walked in I asked the kid if I had purchased free balancing He says yes, Coooool Then goes out to my jeep to get the info. I see him stop to talk to his manager then comes back in and tells me no I didn't. I need the balancing, so I purchased it.
Next day I bring in old receipt and show them. The way I read it , it says I bought 4 spin balancing and rebalancing for free. I also purched the tires online through them. So it should have been free

WJCO

Meme King
The older receipt with lower mileage shows sku 80009 for Balance whereas the more recent receipt show sku 80396 for Lifetime Balance.

I'm guessing there's a difference between regular balance and lifetime balance. The price difference is only 8 bucks. I've had amazing customer service at Discount Tire so I can't imagine they wouldn't just honor it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Layaway is still a thing? ;)

The older invoice doesn’t say anything about lifetime rebalance. It says you purchase 4 (presumably tires) spin balance specials, and then notes 1 Free Rotation and Rebalance. Presumably, that means 1 R & R for the entire set of 4 tires, but the receipt is not clear.

The second receipt clearly states Lifetime Spinbalance for 4 tires, but oddly also notes a free rebalance for 4 tires.

In sum, their receipts don’t make a lot of sense.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Layaway is still a thing? ;)

The older invoice doesn’t say anything about lifetime rebalance. It says you purchase 4 (presumably tires) spin balance specials, and then notes 1 Free Rotation and Rebalance. Presumably, that means 1 R & R for the entire set of 4 tires, but the receipt is not clear.

The second receipt clearly states Lifetime Spinbalance for 4 tires, but oddly also notes a free rebalance for 4 tires.

In sum, their receipts don’t make a lot of sense.
Thank you. Appreciate your time. 🍺

Top Bottom