Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Flying back to San Antonio for the Week. Anything cool to see?

I hate to even ask, but did you go to the Alamo?

If you really like adventure get shit faced and go to Military Drive around 11pm and start yelling at everyone that Trump is awesome and that he's gonna send everyone back where they came from. Should be a good time...

I was in SA this past week since Tuesday for that FD conference. I stayed in the Menger Hotel. Longest continously operating hotel west of the Mississippi. Going on 150 years. Roosevelt recruited the rough riders there along with some other notable traits dealing with cattle/stock yards. One of my favorite places to visit.
1471822736539.jpg1471822746580.jpg

The corridors are very "overlook hotel" from the Shining. Supposedly haunted. Nothing experienced yet.
1471822762581.jpg

Went to Tower of the Americas last night during the storms.
1471822916219.jpg1471822928381.jpg

I was in SA this past week since Tuesday for that FD conference. I stayed in the Menger Hotel. Longest continously operating hotel west of the Mississippi. Going on 150 years. Roosevelt recruited the rough riders there along with some other notable traits dealing with cattle/stock yards. One of my favorite places to visit.
View attachment 218566View attachment 218567

The corridors are very "overlook hotel" from the Shining. Supposedly haunted. Nothing experienced yet.
View attachment 218568

Went to Tower of the Americas last night during the storms.
View attachment 218569View attachment 218570

I love the bar there.

Chart House is a pretty damn good restaurant as well. Usually end up having dinner there a couple times a year with the in-laws.

We only had dessert in the bar area but I do want to have dinner sometime. We were outside when the storm moved in...it was a lot of fun being windy and raining.

Had breakfast at Lulu's this AM...our normal stop. 3lb cinnamon roll is to die for.

We only had dessert in the bar area but I do want to have dinner sometime. We were outside when the storm moved in...it was a lot of fun being windy and raining.

Had breakfast at Lulu's this AM...our normal stop. 3lb cinnamon roll is to die for.

Nice, Lulu's is the shit. The chicken fried steak and queso there is amazing. That cinnamon roll is so good and completely out of control lol.

We spent a lot of money there. Best Bloody Mary I have ever had.

At the Menger right? Never been to the tower. I made the mistake of going to the Menger and getting shit faced, then going to Mortons and running up an obscene bill. Still couldn't tell you if the steaks at Mortons are any good.

Nice, Lulu's is the shit. The chicken fried steak and queso there is amazing. That cinnamon roll is so good and completely out of control lol.

We always get the roll to go. No way two of us could even dominate a third of it on an empty stomach.

At the Menger right? Never been to the tower. I made the mistake of going to the Menger and getting shit faced, then going to Mortons and running up an obscene bill. Still couldn't tell you if the steaks at Mortons are any good.

Yea...the Menger bar. There and Howl At The Moon piano bar. Haven't been to mortons though. The tower was fun. The lower, restaurant part rotates. The observation deck is above it a few levels.

Mortons is the bomb, we always eat there when we visit SA.

Top Bottom