Hood louvers ?

wjtstudios

Hooked
If you're worried about intake air, get a snorkel. Only way you're gonna really cut down on temps... Even a low-profile one would work.
Even with the snorkel and hood vents, I’ll still run at 220-230 at highway speed on a hot day.

But on top of poison spider in august cruising the trails, It barely got above 212.

Ddays

Hooked
Trout ran a heat gun on his after he cut his vents out of his old 10A hood. It does shed heat but in reality, does it really matter? JK's run hot on purpose. My Durango with the same motor runs 25-30 degrees cooler. The louvers do look nice and help shed some under hood heat, but in reality I don't think they enhance performance.

JT@623

Hooked
I know it works with the 5.7 and 6.2 Hemi’s. Not sure if you have an LS
It’s the LT not much difference than the LS as far as intake locations. I’ve been working on an a box of some sort to shield the filter from engine bay heat and maybe bring in some cooler air from the grill or behind the headlight somehow.

It’s the LT not much difference than the LS as far as intake locations. I’ve been working on an a box of some sort to shield the filter from engine bay heat and maybe bring in some cooler air from the grill or behind the headlight somehow.
Can cobble something to work I’m sure. That’s what the plumbing section at home depot is for.
31D7FB6C-CA9E-4E9C-8946-DEFFA36E1EAF.jpeg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with 230 especially if it's hot out. If the fan is doing it's job, I would just leave well enough alone.

JT@623

Hooked
Nothing wrong with 230 especially if it's hot out. If the fan is doing it's job, I would just leave well enough alone.
I’m leaning that way not sure there’s enough benefit . Not the coolant temp I’m worried about as much as the intake air temps it would be nice to drop them a bit .
I added GenRight louvers to my 2007 JK. It's not hard to make a cut after the first one.

View attachment 364468

View attachment 364469

View attachment 364470
I like those better than the full hood I think they look better.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I was talking intake air temperature.
Running the Jeep this morning my intake air temp was:

20-25 degrees above ambient at idle
15 degrees above ambient at 40 mph
10 degrees above ambient at 70-80 mph

this is thru a AEV snorkel with a pre-filter on it and running a K&N air filter.

Top Bottom