Hood louvers ?

BaddestCross

Running the Jeep this morning my intake air temp was:

20-25 degrees above ambient at idle
15 degrees above ambient at 40 mph
10 degrees above ambient at 70-80 mph

this is thru a AEV snorkel with a pre-filter on it and running a K&N air filter.
That's cool (see what I did there 😎). Would be interesting to see what the temps are with the stock intake.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That's cool (see what I did there 😎). Would be interesting to see what the temps are with the stock intake.
It would be, I didn’t put it on for the engine temps, but for dust and water crossings. But it would be interesting to see what kind of difference it does make there.

It would be, I didn’t put it on for the engine temps, but for dust and water crossings. But it would be interesting to see what kind of difference it does make there.
There’s a reason performance cars run hood scoops and cold air intakes, snorkel is no difference, it does lower quite a bit. But also with a giant engine and not much room in the engine bay it’s also going to heat soak the intake and raise the temp some too. You’ll see a net cooler air vs stock airbox for sure but airflow to shed heat from the bay is still important, especially in a big brick with a bunch of stuff in front of the radiator.

JT@623

Hooked
Running the Jeep this morning my intake air temp was:

20-25 degrees above ambient at idle
15 degrees above ambient at 40 mph
10 degrees above ambient at 70-80 mph

this is thru a AEV snorkel with a pre-filter on it and running a K&N air filter.
I’d be happy with that

BlackKnight

Been looking to do either the EVO or Poison Spyder for a while now. But I'm in the Northeast (Mass), so with Snow and rain all year, I'm worried about water/other getting down onto the top of the engine...

Anyone in a Snowy area have one? have any issues?

Been looking to do either the EVO or Poison Spyder for a while now. But I'm in the Northeast (Mass), so with Snow and rain all year, I'm worried about water/other getting down onto the top of the engine...

Anyone in a Snowy area have one? have any issues?
Not much different then the tire spray and rain coating the inside anyways.

Top Bottom