Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Here's the ones I ended up with, the clips will be a pain but I do want to try and figure out a way to possibly lock them

image-1504837075.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well just finished the Install a few min ago of the tire carrier, just need to figure out how to wire up the license plate light and 3rd brake light

image-1711153383.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
finished up last night kind of late, but took a long break to eat dinner and find a proper wiring diagram for the lights, still need to go back and tuck the wire inside and put a rubber plug back in near the tail light but everything works. Plan for this weekend is to install the fenders and get the compressor mounted in the bay.

Also need to figure out what rear bumper to go with. Thinking poison spyder but not sure if I want to cut the rear frame rails or not. I wish evos new rear was ready for sale soon, along with the rock rails. Prolly will end up just getting the weld on versions however.

snowjeep by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

snowjeep2 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
not a real exciting update, but ordered a set of the Strike Force Zebra tactical half doors today, they went on sale again with free shipping so should be a good summer set. With them being light I will prolly run them to the trail and then pull them when I get there. I do plan on painting them I think depending on what it looks like with the black and white

really need to get some paint for my rear fender wells since the white is bugging me and it makes my 35s look tiny....kind of wish i went with 37s in the beginning lol

dchew

...really need to get some paint for my rear fender wells since the white is bugging me and it makes my 35s look tiny....kind of wish i went with 37s in the beginning lol

Didn't you cut and reuse your fender pants? I did and that covers everything in there. I suppose many don't like the plastic look, but they do fit nice with those fenders.

Dave

Prime8

Didn't you cut and reuse your fender pants? I did and that covers everything in there. I suppose many don't like the plastic look, but they do fit nice with those fenders.

Dave

I trimmed my inner plastics, to protect against all the mud here in Illinois. There is still a lot of gecko green in the wheel wells though. Both tub and pinch seam are visible. I need to paint mine, just not sure yet how to go about it...

Prime8

^ spray paint and 5 minutes. 👍

Did you prep the surface at all with primer, or just clean it? And I don't know how far up to paint... There is a point on the front where the fender blends into the body, so I'm not sure how far up to paint... I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about in a bit...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to cut them, but after having issues with my fronts fitting odd with the fenders installed I decided to just leave them off for the time being. Still unsure if I want to cut them or just paint them, hopefully it warms up this weekend so I can spray them. Its been cold and windy here recently so havnt been able to get anything done really.

Top Bottom