Hinrichs build

Great to meet you today. You sure didn't waste any time getting that gear installed. Thanks again!

Yeah wanted to get them on right away to make sure they fit and I had enough clips, luckily I was.

Shall we rename this thread the Hinrich's tear down or un-build? ;)

Have you decided on what color your 4-door will be?

Oh you guys are funny.

Lol we should rename it that.

After texting him this past week I don't think he cares what color really just as long as it has everything he wants. Still undecided on a manual or auto to tho

This is true, I still would like white, but may find a color or some sort. Just would like a few options but they are kind of hard to find this late in the year.

You beat me by a few hrs,,, THe Hinrich Tear Down Thread!!!:clap2:

Lol that what It is now, and I feel its a good way to end a long build thread.

Have yet to really decide on auto vs manual, driving JK07s did help tho. Like he said to me, manual is fun and I have the bmw for that and even if I sell that, whatever I would get would be stick as well. The jeep isnt a sports car so I think I can live with auto. Driving the hemi down to the beach and back was nice when I had to deal with traffic which wasnt bad, but would have been annoying in the jeep, well that and the crazy ass drivers around philly.

This may be a possibilty as well, I was just hoping to find a better deal with something on the lot currently.

Wonder when the 2016s will start to show up?

September they usually start coming out. Believe it or not a got a better deal on my 2015 when i ordered it then trying to buy one off the lot with less options.

Did you get it fairly quick? Not like I am really in a rush, but I can tell daily driving the bmw for a month or more will get old fast, well since I cant really put anything in it lol.

Did you get it fairly quick? Not like I am really in a rush, but I can tell daily driving the bmw for a month or more will get old fast, well since I cant really put anything in it lol.

Mine took 4 weeks to get there but i got it after 5 because they didn't realize it was in their lot and never did the inspection and what not. So to be safe i would say 5 weeks.

Mine took 7 weeks...but I ordered towards to the tail end of the model year...I was trading in too, and didn't have to get rid of my trade until I picked up the new jeep

well driving with the 37s and stock bumpers will be a challenge, untill I find some wheels and tires to go on it. Also I dont want to put any more miles on it either.

Was asked to bring the jeep down to the dealer friday to have it looked at, still not ready. Also almost forgot about the skids so I will be pulling those off tonight when I get home. At least I can still use the oil pan one, not sure about the crossmember however since it was a royal pita to install on my jeep, and forget what I did to it to get it to fit.

I still may end up just leaving the lift on as well. The more I think about it, the more it just makes sense, unless I stop being lazy and go grab the stock arms and such I need. Also need to get a hold of my usual install guy and see if we can swap out the shafts...since I dont have the sockets I need to do them.

The dilema I am having...is I have the money to order front bolt ons....but would rather order the pro kit which comes with everything needed rather than buying the front and rear and skipping the other parts which I would either loose or keep depending what suspension parts I pull. Basically I dont want to miss out on the next rausch trip we have planned.

I wheeled RC Blues and even some Blacks several times bone stock with some skid plates.

If it were me, I'd hold off and do exactly what you want. You've already redone lots of things on the last Jeep, no sense in repeating on the new one. Just my :twocents:

I wheeled RC Blues and even some Blacks several times bone stock with some skid plates.

If it were me, I'd hold off and do exactly what you want. You've already redone lots of things on the last Jeep, no sense in repeating on the new one. Just my :twocents:

Well I am thinking money and stuff at this point and where it will go. The lift I am running now will bolt right on no problem and all I would really need is a drive shaft for the front. I will probably do shafts front and rear right away which would be smart, then just keep saving for coils so I can throw them on in the spring, then I dont have to deal with rust either.

Shitty part is the re-gear it will need right away to even run the 37s.

It was sure easier building the 2 door up to where it was when I had a gf and room mate helping with the house bills rather than being alone now. Guess the reality of ill be back to stock again is finally setting in lol.

Part of me wishes I wouldnt have driven JK07s jeep now.

Last edited:
It's a bit of a hike, but I have a full set of factory arms etc here in Annapolis that you could have. Let me know if you're interested.

I know it's easy for me to say as it's not my money, but I'd recommend getting the Jeep that you want, planning for the build you really want and knowing that you'll be happy with it long term. It might mean riding with someone else at RC this next time, but you'll be back on the trails in your Jeep in no time. You are welcome to ride along with me, unless that will make you even more restless.

I know ill just sell the house, ship the jeep to ORE and be happy as can be in a few months :crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

Got the oil pan and trans slid pulled today, tomorrow gonna try and get the crossmember one off if I can get a socket on the bolts.

Gonna pull the suspension tho, thought about it for a while when I was laying under the jeep. At least that saves me some money in the long run and then I can re gear and do drive shafts right away.

Top Bottom